Check this spec please

Associate
Hi,
Please spec this system below:

grannyspec.jpg

Please check this spec. It would be for my gran who wants a system which will be nice and speedy, not too expensive but will cope with video editing in Pinnacle Studio which is pretty slow currently. Should the above do all this smoothly. Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Retail has already been preordered for it already.

Thanks

Regards,
Neil

Soldato
How much does that come to?

If I were you, i'd forget about intel core 2 and cast your gaze towards AMD Phenom 2 X3/X4 and intel i5.

Occording to this post, Pinnacle Studio is multithreaded, so it would benifit from a multicore CPU.

With a budget laid down, i'd be happy to put together an alternate spec based on the platforms I mentioned above.

Permabanned
How much does that come to?

If I were you, i'd forget about intel core 2 and cast your gaze towards AMD Phenom 2 X3/X4 and intel i5.

Occording to this post, Pinnacle Studio is multithreaded, so it would benifit from a multicore CPU.

With a budget laid down, i'd be happy to put together an alternate spec based on the platforms I mentioned above.

+1
Theres no real reason at all to build a socket 775 system atm

Permabanned
Just buy the cheapest parts going regardless if it's ageing technology. It will still last years for general everyday PC usage like internet usage etc.. Unless she's playing FarCry 2 that is.

Agreed it will do the job, but as AM2+/AM3 is just as cheap if not cheaper than 775, performs as well and offers (at present) some future upgradability, then its nonsensical to choose the option which doesnt have the upgrade path

Associate
OP
As I said in the OP, my gran uses the PC pretty heavily for internet browsing, documents, and a lot of video editing and capture. I would prefer to stay intel if possible.

Whats the difference between core 2 duo and i5. Is i5 basically the new core 2 duos?

Thanks

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom