• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Doth my eyes deceive me?

Soldato
Yes thats right as the wholesale dollar price of these cpus is the same (the 965 being end of life) I would guess that the dollar rate was better when the 975s were purchased.

Soldato
Why would you buy an i7 975 when you can just buy an i7 920 and a cheap but decent aftermarket cooler and OC it. Baffles the mind.

Bragging rights i think, or at least thats what they think they are buying. Personally if you're trying to brag you've spent that much on cpu i'd say you were an idiot for doing so when the 920 is the obvious equivalent alternative. However thats just my opinion...

Soldato
If you are into extreme overclocking (using LN2, dry ice, or phase cooling), benching, and you have plenty of money then these chips are really useful.

But if you are just using air or water cooling then it is pretty pointless buying one of these when you can have a 920 for a lot less.

I guess there might be some people out there who would buy one of these simply for bragging rights, but there are guys who buy these for the reasons I mentioned above.

Associate
Bragging rights i think, or at least thats what they think they are buying. Personally if you're trying to brag you've spent that much on cpu i'd say you were an idiot for doing so when the 920 is the obvious equivalent alternative. However thats just my opinion...
Must be a lot of idiots on overclockers then :confused: I spend my money how I/we wish :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom