iPhone on Orange *Official*

Soldato
Same, just saw it now. I doubt there will be cheaper deals on O2 if you're stuck in a contract, but it's almost certain that orange will undercut o2.

Caporegime
Excellent news. Hope this drives down the price of the o2 contracts as they're not exactly the best value for money!

You don't think £35 for 600 minutes/500 texts and unlimited data is good value?

:eek:

Interesting that the CPW website has pre-order for all variants of the 3GS.

Associate
I like my O2 simplicity plan, 600 min, 1000 texts & unlimited web bolt on for £19.57 per month. I think that's fantastic value for money considering I'm not tied in to any long term contracts.

Looking forward to see what Orange bring to the table, competition is always good for consumers.

Soldato
I like my O2 simplicity plan, 600 min, 1000 texts & unlimited web bolt on for £19.57 per month. I think that's fantastic value for money considering I'm not tied in to any long term contracts.

Looking forward to see what Orange bring to the table, competition is always good for consumers.

At the moment you can get 800 mins 1600 txt plus web bolt on for £19.57 from o2

You can also use topcashback and get £100 back which makes it little over £11 a month!

Associate
Fantastic news. Still have 7 months left on my contract. O2 reception around here seems to have gotten worse and worse since I got the phone. Some days 3G is just unusable. Orange were so much better for me

Soldato
Reception on all of the mobile networks is terrible, but I have a Vodafone Access Gateway for my work phone which means for the first time I can actually use it without being in exactly the right place - I hope that Vodafone start offering the iPhone for that reason alone!

Man of Honour
Reception on all of the mobile networks is terrible, but I have a Vodafone Access Gateway for my work phone which means for the first time I can actually use it without being in exactly the right place - I hope that Vodafone start offering the iPhone for that reason alone!

Depends where you are in the country (and a few other factors such as local geography) however some networks, especially where 3g are concerned, are much better than others.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=118816

Soldato

my iphone 3g is just out of warranty now so i have another 6 months left, once contract is up (18 months), i think i might go got simplicity, seems like a great deal.

Soldato
Sweet. Hopefully they will do a cheaper PAYG version. Would definitely be more interested then.

Thought i read somewhere that it was just the 3G coming to Orange? Pretty cool that its getting the 3GS.

Associate
Erm, no. Its a rip off.

Dont for get you are paying for the phone to begin with as well.

No you're not. You're paying partly for the phone and the rest is subsidised by O2. Which they have to recover from your contract. Which is why you get less minutes for your contract.

An example:

iPhone 3GS 16GB on contract £44.05/month 1200 texts/500 messages/unlimited data. Free phone. 24 month contract.

£44.05 x 24 = £1057.20

iPhone 3GS 16GB at £444.40 with the Simplicity contracts above at £19.57.

£444.40 + £19.57 x 24 = £914.08

It's not exactly a rip-off when you basically have the phone on credit.

Associate
Hmm... I will probably still stay with O2, just because I think they're a good network.

I imagine the price will be brought down slightly, probably from the £35 I pay at the moment to £30 or something.. I'll take the extra fiver!

Back
Top Bottom