pc wont boot now :(

Soldato
powered down my pc a few hours ago every thing was working fine.

went to power it up and every thing during the post is normal but after thatl instead of windows loading up all i get is a white cursor flashing in the top left of my screen.

i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the harddrive but no luck :(

any ideas guys? spec is in sig.

Associate
I had this issue on my work PC yesterday. The PC was running slow so I rebooted. I noticed it took quite a while to shut its self off, and then it would not boot! BIOS screen was a little slower than usual and then I was greated by the little white flashing line in the top left.

I left it for about 1/2 an hour and suddenly it decided to show the welcome to windows screen, it took another hour to get to log on screen. I scheduled a disk chk, rebooted and it now works fine. :S

So I would try rebuild your boot.ini file by entering recovery console and entering bootcfg /rebuild ( I tried this but it did not work for me...)

Or maybe just leave it for a bit and see if it manages to eventualy sort its self out...

Hope its an easy fix for you!

Soldato
OP
phew thanks guys got it fixed turns out my old keyboard was messing up eg one of the keys repeatedly hitting down.

unplugged key board and it booted up properly :)

Back
Top Bottom