Facebook Picture question...

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a Windows App where I can administer my photos?

Specifically mass detagging quickly and easily. I've been on there since it opened to UK unis and as I have a lot of my clients on there, I'd rather they didnt see me "back in the day" at uni.

Currently I blocked all tagged photos but would like people to see ones of me recently.

Thanks!

Soldato
Keep your personal and your private lives seperate!

I'd never, ever let a client as a facebook friend. if you want them to see your photo, send a signed polaroid.

Soldato
This is why I don't understand people's fascination of uploading all their personal data onto the Internet, it's the complete antithesis of everything I was ever taught when first venturing out onto the big scary thing called the world wide web.

In recent years I've become less reticent about posting information about myself but I certainly do not post pictures of myself (except maybe that one time but she was very cute so it was worth it) irregardless of if it's just friends who can see my profile.

As said in the second post:

tres said:
Keep your personal and your private lives seperate!

Aod

Aod

Soldato
if you're going into the professional world, it's not a terrible idea to deactivate your facebook account entirely - you never know what'll bite you in the arse later on.

Caporegime
Tip 1) Don't add clients as friends
Tip 2) Don't add your boss as a friend
Tip 3) Don't post any dodgy pics of yourself
Tip 4) Untag any if somone does add one
Tip 5) Set your account to private so no-one but friends can see it
Tip 6) Do the same for all photos and albums
Tip 7) Enjoy Facebook

Its hardly complex.

Man of Honour
Best thing to do would be to set up a limited profile in facebook settings and move all your business contacts into it. In this way you can stop them seeing your photos.

Not a bad idea if you must do it, personally I don't have colleagues or clients on facebook. My personal life isn't something they need to see.

I do use the restricted profile for family members though, can't really refuse the friend requests forever and there's plenty they don't need to know.

Associate
As a non user of Facebook I have a question about being tagged in a 3rd parties photo.

If somebody takes a picture of me, uploads it, tag it with my name is there anything I can do about it?

If somebody else then searches for my name, they will be able to see these pictures of me even though I am not a user?

As I don’t have an account how would I know that the picture of me was on the site in the firstpalce, can anyone do a global search on Facebook pictures?

If I did have an account, and followed the advice of platypus so that tagged photos of me cannot be seen would it then make the photos effectively invisible to other users?

Sorry for the questions but I’m sure I’m in loads of pictures online from nights out at uni that might not show me in the best light say during an interview etc

Caporegime
Tip 7) Enjoy Facebook

Its hardly complex.

Soldato
As a non user of Facebook I have a question about being tagged in a 3rd parties photo.

If somebody takes a picture of me, uploads it, tag it with my name is there anything I can do about it?

If somebody else then searches for my name, they will be able to see these pictures of me even though I am not a user?

You can only tag someone you're friends with. Seeing as you're not a member, the other points are kind of void.

Soldato
Tip 7) Enjoy Facebook

Its hardly complex.

I'm a bit meh about adding work colleagues on there. I currently only have accepted 2 people from work. I don't have anyone in my sub department (apart from one of their cats :confused: ) added...

Soldato
OP
It's not like that where I work...not that sort of traditional culture :) The informal way of networking where I work is how we operate. Thanks anyway, my tagged photos are blocked as per my OP, I don't need a lesson in how to conduct business....

Back to my question, are there any mass detaggers?

Back
Top Bottom