• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best graphics card to connect 3 monitors at the same time

Associate
Purpose, to play a game in high quality across 3 monitors from 1 pci-express graphics card.

Any suggestions for a single PCI-EX graphics card that can output to 3 monitors at the same time?

I have seen some ATI X2 cards with 4 DVI connections, but to use all 4 connections, you have to disable the crossfire, which kinda defeats the purpose as they are meant for gaming at the same time. If using 2 x nvidia cards, you also have to disable SLI to use the outputs on both cards

I have seen some matrox triplehead2go options, but they only support vga and also have a low resolution which is pointless

For al those tecchies out there, excuse my simple language, but it makes sense to me anyway :)

Associate
The new ATi 5870 and 5850 can output to 3 monitors, one monitors though has to have a Displayport interface unless you buy an adaptor.

I think you actually need a displayport on the monitor. I read a back & forth email of someone who had asked ATI/AMD & it said an adaptor wont do the trick. It was only the other day & on these forums. I'm sure someone else can clarify....

Back
Top Bottom