• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

best quad for overclocking?

Soldato
hi all, the final piece of my pc upgrade is the cpu, ive got the new tower (nzxt guardian) from another shop and am waiting for these from overclockers:

foxconn blackops x48 motherboard
g-skill 1600mhz 2x2gb ddr3
ati hd 5850

so the cpu should be 775 socket and can perform well with the above, i was thinking of the q9550 but dont know which is the best stepping (E0 i think), also how will i know im getting the best vid chip, the less volts i run through it the better, im running on a true120 push/pull and have had no problems temps wise with my q6600 @ 3.76ghz, though a lot of volts were needed - temps never exceed 58c.

also how much heat can these q9550's take? i was hoping to get around 4ghz or higher if possible

Cheers

Soldato
how do you know when you order what stepping your gonna get,is it possible to ring and ask first, also how many steppings is there, hope the op dosnt mind me asking on his thread;)

Soldato
OP
E0 is the stepping you want, the one's I tested started to play up with around 65c when pushing high FSB. Hope you got good money for that Q6600. :)

m currently selling my q6600 with my abit ip35 pro xe motherboard for around £180 so thats not to bad

how do you know when you order what stepping your gonna get,is it possible to ring and ask first, also how many steppings is there, hope the op dosnt mind me asking on his thread;)

your ok mate

Associate
Couple of people have tried ringing ocuk in the past about the stepping, but they have both versions in stock apparantly. might be worth ringing to see if they have any further info, but i wouldnt hold my breah.

Back
Top Bottom