• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So are game makers just going to jump from dx9 to dx11...

Associate
and not arse with dx10/.1?

because i just bought my bro bits for a gaming pc and ive got a 4890 vapour for it, opened it just to check if it had power cables. i never realised the 5850 would be only like 35quid more and out this soon.

im thinking if dx10 is a fail as i keep hearing will game makers just sack off dx10 and go straight to 11. if this is the case i may aswell send the vapour back and get a 5850 because its quieter cooler faster less power and has dx11.

i cant see them bothering with 10 if 11 exists, or am i being silly because im not too clued up on all this

Associate
Well yeah they should skip straight to DX11 and I would have thought a lot of developers would make the push to DX11 as DX9 has been stagnating things me thinks, time to push on!

But then again they may think what's the point until the new consoles are released which will no doubt support DX11

If you have a DX10 card already you will still benefit in DX11 games as most of the features are backwards compatible I think as long as you have Vista or W7

Associate
OP
yep im returning it guys thanks.

does anone know if ocuk would just take 35quid or whatever the diff is out of my account and send me a 5850 if i explained thats what i wanted? or will they just deduct 2ton out of my account and give me back 165 within 30 days

Associate
I bought a 600w psu and was disappointed, they refunded it asap and upon returning them the psu they sold me a 700w without worries. It wasn't RMA because the psu worked but didn't meet my requirements.

Check their sales policies and see if that helps mate.

Associate
OP
ok will check guys, should i mention the powercolour 5850 dirt 2 edition in webnote as that seems to come with the game right? which 5850 are most going for?...both xfx and powercolour have 2year warranties

Back
Top Bottom