Bookface and such sites

Soldato
Anyone else hate facebook/Twitter etc as much as me?

My sisters are on facebook all the time and think it's the next best thing, they don't seem to understand why I don't use it as well

Who's with me? down with facebook!

Soldato
You only hate it 'cos you're not down with the hip-cats.

It's a good way to keep in touch with lots of people, for example - just starting uni - everyone is on facebook, you can organise things, meet up (in real life) and so on.

It's all god fun :)

I don't do twitter / myspace though, just facebook as it works quite well and people use their real names.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Anyone else hate facebook/Twitter etc as much as me?

My sisters are on facebook all the time and think it's the next best thing, they don't seem to understand why I don't use it as well

Who's with me? down with facebook!

i hate the way that facebook seems to monopolize all of people's free time.

Associate
It is a good way to stay in touch with people that you don't see often.

But people do get oh so obsessed with it, which is what annoys me.

I have an account, don't really check it regularly, and I wouldn't be disappointed if I could never log into it again.

Soldato
Kind of annoying in a way, our module tutors at uni seem ot think its awesome to find a totally random social site and make use of them for work log threads and such... or to locate info for the course.

Ive had to join about 3 extra ones this academic year for this :/

Associate
You only hate it 'cos you're not down with the hip-cats.

It's a good way to keep in touch with lots of people, for example - just starting uni - everyone is on facebook, you can organise things, meet up (in real life) and so on.

It's all god fun :)

I don't do twitter / myspace though, just facebook as it works quite well and people use their real names.
Agreed, I thought Facebook was so much wifflepiff until I started uni, then suddenly it all made sense!

GHz

GHz

Associate
I dont mind the site but what i hate is when you go on you have loads of posts (read spam) about that stupid animal farm.

I dont care if you got a new sheep or cow. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Well, why don't you use it as well as your sisters? Is it privacy concerns, an introverted character, or do you just plain not see the appeal of it all?

I'll admit the appeal of networks such as Facebook tend to be rooted in peer pressure. Certainly for myself, and many others I'm sure, Facebook is ubiquitous in certain social circles and living without it is more hassle than it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom