recommendations for upgraded PSU

Associate
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my PSu for my rig. ASUS M3A32-MVP deluxe, triple radeon 3870 graphics cards, 4gb ram, bluray and dvdrw drives and two sata 500gb drives. The present 700w thermaltake psu doesn't seem to have enough juice to run all the cards intensively.

Suggestions gratefully received, budget not an issue.

Soldato
To purely answer your question, this PSU would be a very good bet.

However, I suggest you instead sell the 3870s and get something like a single 5850 instead. It will give you spectacular performance in games, produce a lot less heat and save you a fortune in power bills.

i believe there made by seasonic

Nope, Channel Well Technology (CWT). Not that it matters, fantastic quality all the same.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am liking the corsair, good point about the 5850 or 5870 but its just cool to see crossfire 3 cards all draining the national grid :) Will check out the seasonics as well- all quality psus,
thanks guys.

Associate
To purely answer your question, this PSU would be a very good bet.

However, I suggest you instead sell the 3870s and get something like a single 5850 instead. It will give you spectacular performance in games, produce a lot less heat and save you a fortune in power bills.

Nope, Channel Well Technology (CWT). Not that it matters, fantastic quality all the same.

iam sure seasonic made some of there psu's didnt they ?

Soldato
Aye, they definitely make some of the corsair PSUs, (the non-modular ones if memory serves and the older HXs), but the new HX series ones are definitely made by CWT and they seem to have done a blooming nice job.

Associate
Aye, they definitely make some of the corsair PSUs, (the non-modular ones if memory serves and the older HXs), but the new HX series ones are definitely made by CWT and they seem to have done a blooming nice job.

cheers for the info (and sorry to op for asking on this thread)

Back
Top Bottom