Funeral Buffets vs Wedding Buffets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
;) To me funeral breadbuns filled with tuna and mayo always taste more tasty than wedding versions , Is it all a mind thing your remembering the person and have lots of thoughts rather than its a wedding oh jolly jack tar ;). Whats other peoples views ?

Associate
OP
Oh deary me in Middlesbrough we must do our do's different to other regions :mad: what do use have to eat to soak up the ale tofu ? that japanese fish ****e i cant think name of ? or pek buns mmmm glad im here with my brown breadbuns full of tuna and mayo :D.

Soldato
Oh deary me in Middlesbrough we must do our do's different to other regions :mad: what do use have to eat to soak up the ale tofu ? that japanese fish ****e i cant think name of ? or pek buns mmmm glad im here with my brown breadbuns full of tuna and mayo :D.

Can i ask a mod to close this, there seems to have been a ******** invasion.

Quoted for irony.

Soldato
Awesome thread. Infact there should be a buffet appreciation thread as well!

tbh though my vote goes to wedding buffets as i generally find that my appetite isnt up to much at a funeral. What with the death and all.

Associate
Hopefully there'll be no tuna mayo sarnies at my wedding buffet!

Will have to ask the missus to be what is actually on the menu lol

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I always find wedding buffets are full of that Neuvelle Cuisine crap or some arty farty rubbish that the bridge/groom/parents have forked out an arm and a leg for just to try and show off to the guests.

Funerals (or a wake if you want to be a pedentic sod but likewise you don't get food at a wedding but at the reception!! ) however, dunno, find the food there far more traditional and the 'buffet' concept allows mourners to mingle more as they pick their faves off paper plates and remember the departed.

Funerals for me.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
~J~ why is it called a "wake" when the last thing you expect them to do is wake up?

well.....

The English word "wake" originated from the ancient Indo-European root "***" or "weg", meaning "to be active". This evolved into several meanings, including "growth" ("vegetable"), "to become or stay alert", and "watching or guarding". The third also evolved into the word "watch", and it is in this sense that people have a "wake" for someone who recently died

But yes, is a rather weird word to use!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom