• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Size

Soldato
Bought a new pc today only to find the case I bought doesnt fit the 5870 in. Fail.

Anyone else have this problem, think I will take a saw to the case to make room for it.

Soldato
Fits Lian Li PC-60FW, with half an inch to spare.:D

dscf1045ta.jpg

Soldato
Gah there was a thread about it not fitting in that case mate, shame you must have missed it.

How many hard drives do you intend to use by the way?

You could make quite a tidy mod out of that if you just cut both sides of the hard drive case and moved the whole thing down. dont know how it would re-attach but shouldn't be too difficult.

let us know how u get on :)

Associate
I have a lian-li 6070 and had the very same problem at the moment i just layed the hd,s in the bottom of the case until i can be arsed to cut the HD tray down,i say buy a dremmel and have some fun lol.

I have a real dilemma when i go crossfire lmao i love that case.

Soldato
OP
Gah there was a thread about it not fitting in that case mate, shame you must have missed it.

How many hard drives do you intend to use by the way?

You could make quite a tidy mod out of that if you just cut both sides of the hard drive case and moved the whole thing down. dont know how it would re-attach but shouldn't be too difficult.

let us know how u get on :)

I only plan to use 1 dvd drive in the top and I have a 1.5TB hard drive so will only need one.

Caporegime
Years ago I had an antec sonata, mostly because it was one of the first cases with 120mm fans, and designed fantastically for quiet operation, since I started upgrading ending up spending so much time taking stuff out, putting it back in I just got a case that can take a server sized mobo, plenty of clearance, mostly just so its easier to get mobo's with heatsinks already attached into and out of cases, have plenty of free space for hands to move around mobo, play with cables, etc, etc.

Get a huge case, makes messing with your computer sooo much easier, and, anything fits :p

How much longer is a 5870x2 over a single 5870 though? I'd imagine that will push even server cases close to its limits :p

Soldato
I only plan to use 1 dvd drive in the top and I have a 1.5TB hard drive so will only need one.

cool, in that case you could totally remove the hard drive cage and install the hard drive in one of the 5.25 bays, just a thought.

would do wonders for the airflow aswell, and wouldn't destroy the case so would maintain a decent re-sale price.

Back
Top Bottom