Best muliplayer Shooter Maps/Level ever?

Associate
hey guys, basically I'm doing a module at uni in which i will be creating a multiplayer objective based map in Unreal3 so i was hoping to gather peoples opinions.
What is everyone's favorite ever multiplayer map, doesn't have to be objective based (Capture the Flag, territories etc) but would be preferred. what makes the map play so well? layout? inclusion of vehicles? etc etc

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Soldato
Well I guess I will go for some of the more popular ones.. I assume this can be for any game?

Counter Strike:
Dust/Dust 2 (the one with the tunnel in the middle.. can't remember if it was 1 or 2) - Seemed to be a very well balanced layout to the map.

Office (CounterStrike Source) - Just always been one of my favourites but for no particular reason. Can be a bit too big if you are down to only 2 players left though

Soldato
Any TF2 payload map, brilliant!

So many different tactics, both offensive and defensive can be employed to try and win a round, with different areas for turrets etc and a few sneaky back routes for flanking action.

Soldato
My favourite has to be Bootcamp on the original HalfLife Deathmatch. Was a pretty large map as far as conventional DM maps went but could be traversed very rapidly with two particular items. The gauss gun and long jump pack, oh how fun it was to bound around at speed and play cat and mouse :D

Killzone 2 had some nice maps, anyone i can be sneaky on normally suites me :)

Soldato
COD:UO - Hurtgen...sniping in the snow is ace :) Prob not what you were looking for though, so sticking with the COD theme I'd say Carentan. Perfect blend of places to hide and lookout points

Last edited:
Associate
Temple from Goldeneye, although it was better on Perfect Dark on the 64 as you could have 4 human players and bots to make it a bit more interesting.

Also Strike at Kirkand on BF2.

Soldato
I cant think of 1 mp map from MOHAA i didnt like. Actually i lie, the snowy one was a bit crap, still my favourite mp game to date.

I find myself in full support of that statement. I wasn't a fan of the snowy one or the Bridge. Bridge worked best on objective.

Favourite had to be Freezetag Obj V2. Had amazing fun doing that one. Why isn't freezetag more popular in modern games? It was an ingenius idea.

You may have just inspired me to install this again.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Dust 2 CSS... I must have put well over triple figure hours into that map back when I played seriously...

ags

I'd have to agree.

It's such a good map because there are at least 3 entries to both bomb sites which makes it perfect for both attack and defense.

Back
Top Bottom