Ebay expert required ;-)

Soldato
So i sold a 8mm video camera for £30 as working and buyer is stating it doesn't work and has filled a dispute with eBay. My question has anybody got any experience with this sort of issue.

Do eBay generally favor the buyer & will just give him a refund ?

Soldato
Tell them to return the item first. Is there any way you'd be able to tell it was the same one? Serial number or something?

And yes eBay do generally favour the buyer.

Associate
Been here before, the seller must return the item to you in the post, it is then up to you to prove it was;

A) working when sent
B) Working when received back
C) Broken during transit, that you protected it adequately, and offered insurance but the seller chose not to use this option.

Personally, I always mark my items with UV pen or something similar, that way if its returned you can prove it wasn't your item being returned, always better to be safe than sorry :cool:

Soldato
Ebay / Paypal pretty much side with the buyer without fail.

It takes the mick as they make you jump through hoops to qualify for Paypal protection, yet take the word of some scrote buyer trying it on and they end up with the goods and their money back.

Soldato
You'll lose the money and probably not get the item back - that or a different, broken item.

That'll teach you to use Paypal though.

Soldato
I had the same with a 940 processor the buyer claimed it had a bent pin after he had had some confusion as to why it needed a 940 mobo, I just stressed the point of it being sent working no pins bent and at the same time tried to help him. Sounds like a chancer, you really need to get the product back, although unfortunately it will come back broken, if its a dispute then you need some proof it was working when you sold it otherwise paypal will protect the buyer. E-bay on the otherhand are a bunch of waistcoats so who knows which way they will go.

Back
Top Bottom