Chipped the telly...

M0T

M0T

Soldato
I noticed something on the screen of my 5 year old JVC CRT whilst playing FIFA earlier, which I thought was some dirt. It turned out to be a small chip, which got a little larger when I picked at it.

Anything I can do about it as now its all I can see when I watch the television. My mum suggested calling the house insurance and seeing if they will replace it - they arnt open until mmonday but does anyone know if this is something that might be covered?

Soldato
I should imagine it would be covered, it's accidental damage, it's more a matter of whether it's worth claiming considering your excess and so on.

Sounds to me like an excellent excuse to buy a giant HDTV, guilt-free

Soldato
You can get a pro polisher out but chances are there may still be some distortion to the picture.

Or get ya dremel out and have a go at polishing it. The CRT screen is about an inch or more thick so dont worry about breaking it

M0T

M0T

Soldato
OP
I should imagine it would be covered, it's accidental damage, it's more a matter of whether it's worth claiming considering your excess and so on.

Sounds to me like an excellent excuse to buy a giant HDTV, guilt-free

Well I was debating getting a new telly, directline have a new for old policy so unless they are willing to give out vouchers I am not sure its worth claiming. But if they did it would up my tv budget a bit!

M0T

M0T

Soldato
OP
I did think about that, but the repairs they do are not completely undetectable, so I might as well get a new telly.

Back
Top Bottom