New DSLR for sport photography

Associate
Hi

I am pretty ignorant of what I need and I could do with a little bit of advice.

I am a runner who is currently out with a long term injury. I want to use my injury time to start taking photos of races that the club is taking part in. From what I gather, I will need a camera that has the ability to have a decent continuous shot capability.

I have a budget of about £300-£350 for the body and would also need further advice on the lens. While it will be used to take pictures of particular runners, I would also like to to be used for general use as well.

I want to keep the body budget separate form the lens budget and I am not afraid to go second hand.

Many thanks.

Soldato
Theres currently a 300D and a 450D for sale within these forums. Both within your 'body only' budget. As a matter of interest do you have an idea of what lens you'd want to use with the camera (no necessarily a Canon) ? Are you going to be trackside or will you need a longer lens if sitting away from the track?

Associate
OP
Theres currently a 300D and a 450D for sale within these forums. Both within your 'body only' budget. As a matter of interest do you have an idea of what lens you'd want to use with the camera (no necessarily a Canon) ? Are you going to be trackside or will you need a longer lens if sitting away from the track?

HI

Cheers so far.

It is road races I attend so usually it is no problem getting close to the action. I have no idea about lenses, which brings up another question...

What lens am I looking at?

I can get within 10-15m of the subject, if that helps.

I am not too sure about the Member's Market as I do not have enough posts.

Associate
OP
250 posts and 90 days membership for access to the MM, so you are eligible.

There's a few DSLRs (and kits) for sale.

Cheers, just activated that trust thing.

So, what kind fo lens am I looking for? I am clueless as they come and was happy with my Fuji Finepix for taking snaps but want to take it a little further.

Soldato
What sort of budget you thinking of for the lens?

You can get a used 30D, 400/450D, D80 and a few others within the budget, if you try.

Back
Top Bottom