Cigars - Cigarone

Soldato
This is really for Bear, because I know this is where he gets his cigars from but if anyone else can help then great.

I'm running low on HdM Petit Robustos and my mate has stopped going to Zurich on business. How much do you usually pay in customs charges on top of the price from Switzerland?

I know the tarrif is about £170 per kg, but I'm after real world examples here.

Cheers.

Associate
if your package does get checked, then it can be a bit 20-60 quid?

recent changes to swiss post regulations means the cigar retailers now have to state CIGARS on customs declaration, so you might find more packages charged now than before. having said that i placed an ordered recently and it slipped through. cab of 50 partagas lusitanias, beautiful.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for that.

Not sure what the cost would be. 25 Petit Robustos is about 250g, so that's around £40 in additional charges. However, I don't know if they just weigh the entire parcle including packaging and then charge you base on that number.

Associate
its win win really, even with the customs charge, prices nearly always work out cheaper than buying from UK!

check out ukcigarforums.com,
really great bunch of people and loads of good info on cigars. (im lascaux over there)

these came through from cigarsofhabanos.com the other day

SNC00242.jpg

yum yum!

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;15085383 said:
This is really for Bear, because I know this is where he gets his cigars from but if anyone else can help then great.

I'm running low on HdM Petit Robustos and my mate has stopped going to Zurich on business. How much do you usually pay in customs charges on top of the price from Switzerland?

I know the tarrif is about £170 per kg, but I'm after real world examples here.

Cheers.

I only have about two left myself but to answer your question cough nothing mumble cough cough....

Associate
Cigarone only ship in multiples of 50 to avoid inspecton & charges at customs, very discrete packaging as well.

I've never paid any extra charges when shopping with them.

Soldato
This may come as a stupid question.

Do you guys collect these or do you smoke them?

Just i know there are people out there who purely collect them.

Im partial to one myself now and then but never really had the joys of smoking a decent quality cig.

Associate
i know a few collectors, one with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of stock... he can smoke whatever he wants, but obv with stock that extensive he sells aged and rare stuff for profit.

at the moment i smoke everything, eventually ill have enough funds to play about with to buy a few boxes more of everything I like with the view of selling half of them off for profit. its quite safe really, pretty much any box you buy you can sell for more given 5-10 years of aging in good condition. and buying up lots of boxes of the rare releases, most will double-triple in price through the years as they become harder to source

Back
Top Bottom