Best 32" 1080P TV

Associate
Hi OcUKers

Was just looking for some advice - I'm planning on upgrading my 32" Sammy soon and was wondering what the best 32" 1080p set is currently on the market.

Now i can't go any larger than 32" due to the space the tv has to fit in (i'm not re-arranging my whole bedroom!) so would like to know what the best all round TV would be. I'll be using it for my 360, to watch standard Sky, DTV, HD-DVD/BluRay movies and HD downloads from my pc. Budget not too much of an issue as i think it's worth paying for quality!

Thanks in advance everyone!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Whats the point of 1080P @ at size? You're not going to see it are you?

Dont the V10s start at 42" pannel? The Pioneer LCDs use Sharp pannels ive not seen one in action as of yet, but i have read mixed reports.

Associate
OP
Whats the point of 1080P @ at size? You're not going to see it are you?

Dont the V10s start at 42" pannel? The Pioneer LCDs use Sharp pannels ive not seen one in action as of yet, but i have read mixed reports.

Yes. I am. Having owned a 720p/1080i set for the last few years i visited my sister who's other half has a Viera 32" and it looked much better. Probably wouldn't make a lot of difference on movies/TV but i play a lot of 360 and it does make a difference.

It looks like the V10s start at 37 or 42 to me.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yes. I am. Having owned a 720p/1080i set for the last few years i visited my sister who's other half has a Viera 32" and it looked much better. Probably wouldn't make a lot of difference on movies/TV but i play a lot of 360 and it does make a difference.

It looks like the V10s start at 37 or 42 to me.

Another vote for the V10 in that case :D

Soldato
Get the Panny 32X10, not 1080p but it'll look better than these other 32" TV's mentioned and it'll save you money.

Or just spend a little extra and get the G series.

Soldato
Can you physically not fit in a 37 panasonic plasma ?

If you can fit it in then get one, it will put a 32 LCD to shame :D

Associate
OP
I can physically fit it in if i want it pointing at the exact opposite corner of my room! Trouble is i have my pc in one corner, then my decks/deckstand in the middle then the tv in the other corner. The gap is 80cm wide, just about ok for a 32" set but no chance of fitting anything bigger and still have it pointed at my bed.

EDIT: Oh, one other question which i have been wondering about, if i connect up my PC to a plasma via DVI - HDMI will i be able to select HD resolutions? Most plasma tv's that i've seen list the resolution as 1024x768, is that just for the VGA input?

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
If I haven't got sky, would I get the normal freeview with the built in freesat reciever?

They have both freeview and freesat receivers in iirc :)

So you would get freeview, but not through the freesat tuner but from the freeview tuner :)

Soldato
They have both freeview and freesat receivers in iirc :)

So you would get freeview, but not through the freesat tuner but from the freeview tuner :)

This is weird as I've just been in a few stores - 2 said I would get normal freeview and one said i definately wouldn't - all big name stores too.

On the plus side they'll throw in a panasonic blu ray player for £50 if I buy the tx-l32g10b :)

Soldato
This is weird as I've just been in a few stores - 2 said I would get normal freeview and one said i definately wouldn't - all big name stores too.

On the plus side they'll throw in a panasonic blu ray player for £50 if I buy the tx-l32g10b :)

Big name store with a lack of knowlege nothing new there then.

Back
Top Bottom