Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
OP
From a report in todays Daily Mail on the strike:

Quote:
Microsoft has altered plans for the release of its Windows 7 programme because of the strike. Thousands of computer enthusiasts in Britain will get copies of the new software 24 hours before the rest of the world, on October 21, to dodge the action. End Quote:

I can't find the story in the online edition, its on page ten of the newspaper.

Soldato
Ah, the Daily Fail, very good.

Until I see it plastered across every tech site on the internet (I am not suggesting it's not true, just need better evidence), I'll still expect slightly late delivery.

Associate
How does one day early help? Surely if stuff is dispatched on the 21st, it will just sit in RM's warehouses for a week or more until after the industrial action?

Soldato
I don't care if its 21st or 22nd and if I'll get my copies on time as it makes no difference, most of us already have installed full version, just need to enter key now but have plenty of time to do so.

But if its true then its going to be a nice surprise for many people. Also you cant count on RM nowdays, 21st and your copy still can be easily delayed by few days.

Caporegime
From a report in todays Daily Mail on the strike:

Quote:
Microsoft has altered plans for the release of its Windows 7 programme because of the strike. Thousands of computer enthusiasts in Britain will get copies of the new software 24 hours before the rest of the world, on October 21, to dodge the action. End Quote:

I can't find the story in the online edition, its on page ten of the newspaper.

Daily Fail :(

Until I see better / more evidence, I'll just expect to have to wait for my windows 7.

Permabanned
I don't care if its 21st or 22nd and if I'll get my copies on time as it makes no difference, most of us already have installed full version, just need to enter key now but have plenty of time to do so.

But if its true then its going to be a nice surprise for many people. Also you cant count on RM nowdays, 21st and your copy still can be easily delayed by few days.

i have been trying to find the full version of home premium, any ideas where to look, thanks

Man of Honour
It's probably taken from the fact several online stores have said they will post on the 21st so that it arrives on the 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom