** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Soldato
This looks really nice and a good price too! I've been looking at getting a laptop and I really like the look of this. Few questions though...

Is the hard drive upgradable - preferably without taking the entire thing apart :p

What does the CPU in these compare to? I know nothing about these Atoms. Also, roughly what desktop GPU does the ION compare to?

Will this play a 1080p Blu-ray or MKV using something like MPC-HC?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It has ION so should play via DXVA or CUDA perfectly fine. And it has HDMI so should serve perfect for video playback when out at friend's etc!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
CPU matters very little when you have hardware video acceleration (ion) :)

This is exactly what I have been waiting for since I had the Samsung NC10 and am glad to see it works flawlessly for 1080P :)

MPC-HC will play out the box using ION too as it uses DXVA.

Soldato
This looks really nice and a good price too! I've been looking at getting a laptop and I really like the look of this. Few questions though...

Is the hard drive upgradable - preferably without taking the entire thing apart :p

What does the CPU in these compare to? I know nothing about these Atoms. Also, roughly what desktop GPU does the ION compare to?

Will this play a 1080p Blu-ray or MKV using something like MPC-HC?

Hard Drive - Yep, two screws gives you access to the Wi-Fi, BT, HDD, RAM and 3G/mini pci.

CPU - Hard to say, maybe a 1.2ghz Dothan core. Not fast but fast enough. GPU is roughly a 9400m/x800gto/; about 1500 in 3dmark06.

1080p - Yep, I use MPC-HC for HD playback on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Still interesting to see if the extra ram works with this netbook. Would be nice to prove HP wrong. Is the CPU still a good one too? I thought Atom were ver weak?

They are good for what they are designed for. General office type work, web browsing, playing music and watching videos. Basically mostly anything other than gaming and video encoding/editing.

Permabanned
HP Compaq Mini 311c-1020SA VT392EA#ABU

HP Compaq Mini 311C-1010SA VJ555EA#ABU

Blimey. Whats the difference? (Except for the numbers!!)

Which one is yours Raikiri

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom