So the posty just delivered me a present.....it starts with Ramm..and ends in stein..

Soldato
Firstly;
AHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs around the house like a mentalist! and continues with...* AHHHHHHHHHH!

Secondly;
Anyone who is just going to have a bash at Rammstein.....GTFO. No one wants to know. If you're feelings are so strongly against their music go start a campaign or something.

Now back to talking;
So i ordered myself this little (awesome) treat last week and got it a few minutes ago, I of course got Liebe Ist Für Alle Da (Deluxe Edition) :D
I can't exactly give a full review of the album as i have only heard Rammlied, Pussy and Ich Tu Dir Weh, but i can say from what i have heard it is all great. Oh and one more thing, the CD case for the Deluxe Edition is really great, lots of high gloss photos on the case (all of which are in the typical Rammstein style). The Deluxe Edition comes with a 2nd CD with 5 extra tracks.
*edit* i am now just over halfway through the album and i am thoroughly enjoying it, no two songs sound the same/ are similar, in fact they are all VERY varied but this is a good thing! Rammlied and Wiener Fleisch (the song i am listening to atm) are definately the heaviest/ most industrial song

Just so you all now (and in case you haven't guessed) I am a HUGE Rammstein fan and will be spending around £400 to go and see them in Berlin in December. But I am not the kind of obsessive fan to rave on about how amazing every one of their songs is but anyway...

I have read through quite a lot of reviews and have decided to include the one which I find is of best quality (and not one that isn't completely biased; as in, it's not 100% industrial, this isn't true Rammstein, blah blah blah). So here it is:
It's a cliche, but it IS a return to form. After 2006's vastly disappointing Rosenrot (a collection of singles plus a ton of filler) it's nice to see Rammstein back on top, experimenting, taking risks, and most importantly, playing some seriously heavy metal. We're talking scary heavy, heavier than Herzelied heavy. "Weiner Blut", "Mehr" and "Rammleid" are among the hardest songs this band has ever produced.

Of course, it's not all New German Hardness: much as each of the band's last albums was a progression from the previous, so too is Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da. For the most part it works- but I've deducted a star for the passable but ultimately unnecessary "Haifisch" and "Fruhling In Paris", anti-Rammstein songs that feel a lot more out of place than I'd like. They're not bad songs, but they're not Rammstein songs either.

After the controversy and attention that lead single "Pussy" attracted, it's good to see the band hasn't churned out a parody, a self-mockery. Even that song is perfectly catchy pop metal, that emerges as a genuinely well crafted song after the dust of the notorious video has settled.

If you're familiar with Rammstein there'll be few surprises on here. The playing is still focused on crushing, buzzsaw riffs, Schneider's drumming as concise as ever. It is only Lindemann who has something new to offer here, his (greatly improved) singing voice juxtaposed with an often-employed indescribable shout effect that's just about the most frightening thing since the Third Reich.

Short version- the album's really good. It's not a grower by any means; it's appeal is instant, obvious. One or two detours detract from the flow, but it's still their best record since Mutter was released. Some of these songs are guaranteed concert highlights, and I for one can't wait for the tour.

I completely agree with this review apart from what he says about the songs Haifisch and Fruhling In Paris. I can understand why he believes that Fruhling In Paris shouldn't be on the album because it is a slower song that isn't industrial and is quite emotional but i think the reviewer is forgetting that Rammstein have done songs that may seem out of the ordinary before, example; Ohne Dich.

So to some the album up, it is everything i could have wanted and more! It is better than their last album, Rosen Rot, and quite varied in comparison to past albums which completely works for them.
Oh and the song Liebe Ist Für Alle Da has just come on and ***** me it's awesome, definitely one of the best so far! :D

I hope all you Rammstein fans buy the album and i would definitely recommend getting the Deluxe Edition, not to be confused with the other Deluxe Edition version that comes in a metal case with a variety of pink rubber items (google image "Rammstein Liebe Ist Für Alle Da deluxe edition" and you will see what i mean....unless you want that then by all means get it ;) and yes they are what you think they are)

Right well i hope this (sort of) review was at least half decent and that it was a decent read :)

Flare

Secondly;
Anyone who is just going to have a bash at Rammstein.....GTFO. No one wants to know. If you're feelings are so strongly against their music go start a campaign or something.
Firstly

I have no problem with rammstein or their music I think they're talented but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Secondly...
Firstly;
AHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs around the house like a mentalist! and continues with...* AHHHHHHHHHH!

This is what I have a problem with yes we know you got you're new album and yes it might be ****ing amazing so far as you're concerned thats no excuse to give me the impression that you're a mad fool.*!:mad:

* unless you really are a mad fool in which case carry on!:D

Soldato
This album made my weekend train journey bearable. I agree mostly with the review that was quoted as well but I wouldn't bash the album for having Fruhling in Paris on it. It's a great song and its nice to see them try new things. My only gripe is that Ich Tu Dir Weh sounds like Tool.

Soldato
OP
Gonna keep an eye out for this then!... maybe Santa needs to know!!.. I'll tell her when I get home!. :D

Do it :D

Firstly I have no problem with rammstein or their music I think they're talented but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Secondly...
This is what I have a problem with yes we know you got you're new album and yes it might be ****ing amazing so far as you're concerned thats no excuse to give me the impression that you're a mad fool.*!:mad:
* unless you really are a mad fool in which case carry on!:D

I never suggested they were the best thing since sliced bread nor did i make out that this thread is only for those who think they are amazing. I merely stated that people with purely negative views that would just add crap to the thread are not welcome.

That really gave you the impression* that i am a mad fool?

This album made my weekend train journey bearable. I agree mostly with the review that was quoted as well but I wouldn't bash the album for having Fruhling in Paris on it. It's a great song and its nice to see them try new things. My only gripe is that Ich Tu Dir Weh sounds like Tool.

and whats wrong with sounding a bit like an awesome band? :D

Soldato
Shhh Capn' I went to get this in the rain on my motorbike and forced my dad to listen to it when I was back home whilst talking non-stop about rammstein for about half an hour... Then I jumped up and down in the kitchen a few times.

I am a mad fool but the album's great. Not sure if it's better than Mutter, but definately heavier and more experimental.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Caporegime
I'm not massively impressed so far, I think it's let down by the fact the opener "Rammlied" is a steaming pile of **** and just feels like a poor rehash of the track Rammstein.

Soldato
OP
I'm not massively impressed so far, I think it's let down by the fact the opener "Rammlied" is a steaming pile of **** and just feels like a poor rehash of the track Rammstein.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? :p

It's a brilliant song! Tbh i think you are completely wrong =/

Shhh Capn' I went to get this in the rain on my motorbike and forced my dad to listen to it when I was back home whilst talking non-stop about rammstein for about half an hour... Then I jumped up and down in the kitchen a few times.

I am a mad fool but the album's great. Not sure if it's better than Mutter, but definately heavier and more experimental.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*Calls the men in white coats*

Soldato
I just got round to watching "pussy" to see what all the fuss was about and... well

LOL. Brilliant.

I found the link to the vid through metalhammer website and someone left this comment

"disgusting. the reason the world is the way it is. full of sickos with no respect for themselves or others. hopefully they get some filthy disease from it."

Thats the exact type of people I despise.

Soldato
I got into Rammstein about a year ago. I'm looking forward to hearing their new stuff. Does the new album sound anything like their older stuff (if so which album does it sound like the most)?

Soldato
I loved Mutter. Reise, Reise had a couple of great songs but too much filler inbetween them (still a good album though). Is the bonus disc worth an extra fiver?

Caporegime
Mutter, Reise, Reise and Sehnsucht were pretty similar style to be fair. Rosenrot was poor and Herzeleid is good but quite a different sound. I feel they've started to get a bit stale though, the new album is good but feels quite repetitive. I'd like to see them try something new.

Soldato
Is this in stores? I went to two HMVs in the week and neither had it. I'm reluctant to order anything online at the moment what with the postal strikes.

Back
Top Bottom