The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Soldato
OP
Well at Utd the coaches recommended me Juan Manuel Vargas for the "problem left midfield" or whatever. £10m later and he's mine. Natural at ML but accomplished at AML, WBL and DL. :cool: And he's very good. Whips in crosses beautifully for Owen, Berba and Welbeck to head in. :)

For some reason I bought Federico Fazio and Simon Kjaer for a total of about £47.5m. :D Meant I couldn't really afford Jovetic or Edin Dzeko. :o It isn't as if I have Vidic, Rio and Evans is it? :p

I've been hiring whatever coaches I can sign but most of them are 4* maximum which means that in two areas I've got 4* training whereas everywhere else is 4.5*. :D Tried to sign Gianpiero Ventrone on a free. Moody git won't take my highest wage AND a massive signing on. Think I need to check out if the formulae from FM09 for working out, out of 7, how many stars a coach got still work for FM10 or if it has changed now it is back to 5* max.
I found PHP code from some member of OcUK that lets you rotate sigs hosted from your domain. :)

Can't remember who it was. I think I googled OcUK Sig Rotator. Was looking for a site I used to use that did it for you.
Rob Miller n'est pa?

Associate
Wasn't too impressed by last years game after playing the demo and decided not to get the full game. This one has impressed me though. Its a accumulation of little things for me so far.

If PES turns out to be poor then I think I'm safe in the knowledge at least I'll have a good alternative to play on my PC :D

Associate
I really don't understand all the plaudits. All the new features don't improve on the limited match engine and don't get me started on the training module so with this apsect it's not much better than '09.

I think SI care more about running the game on Joe Bloggs 6 year old laptop than progressing the game further.

Been playing this series since CM 96/97 and for the last few years personally have thought this has been running out of it's shell life, and finally it has come.

Stale Interactive more like.

Associate
I've been nicely impressed by how well Valencia plays for me :) CA isn't that high, but his stats are in all the right places to make a brilliant winger. I agree Welbeck is impressive and could be really good, I sent Obertan out on loan though so haven't seen much of him.

Associate
YEEEESSSS!!!

Just got this working today :)

So far the main thing I have found is that Van Der Vaart could possibly be the biggest bargain on the game. Got him for £7 million and so far his season reads:

Played: 13 Scored: 10 Assists: 8 MOM: 8 Av. Rating: 8.47

:)

Can't remember the exact name but my formation I'm using is

FC

AML AMC AMR

MC

DMC

DL DC DC DR

GK

The AML, AMR and AMC are all set to support. The MC is set as box to box and the DMC is set to defend. At the moment this formation hasn't got my strikers scoring much but the whole midfield is chipping in. My team have scored 33 let in 2 :).

Loving FM10 at the moment. The game has been hugely improved

Soldato
:( just come to the end of a second save mid-season, shame, was really enjoying both of them!

Ronaldo is unbelievable in this game, which is good :p.

Found myself a great bargain for AMLC too (used to sign him in FM09, though), but fit right into my Madrid team and done brilliantly. Can't wait for the release now.

Associate
Im loving this game, the interface is actually excellent and there seems to be little things popping up here and there that just make it so much easier to select players and create a good solid tactic.

One thing I just noticed is how it highlights the attribute stats that are good for that player role, something I have always had trouble remembering in previous incarnations of the game. Its so much easier!

Associate
I think SI care more about running the game on Joe Bloggs 6 year old laptop than progressing the game further.

Well given Joe Bloggs is their main customer your correct. Its the reason the series was so slow to move onto a DVD, happening only a few years ago becuase most customers were playing on old machines without a DVD drive in them.

Caporegime
I really don't understand all the plaudits. All the new features don't improve on the limited match engine and don't get me started on the training module so with this apsect it's not much better than '09.

Been playing this series since CM 96/97 and for the last few years personally have thought this has been running out of it's shell life, and finally it has come.

Stale Interactive more like.

Fm10, is miles better then Fm09.

SI have to care about catering for players on older machines, because that's who buys their game :confused:

Soldato
Decided to try moneybags Notts Co and managed to sign Jonathan Cristaldo (amazing stats).

He seems to love playing Bradford..

jcfm.jpg

Caporegime
Whats the budget like for Notts?

I've just won my first league game in my Sheffield Wednesday game, just having a play around and seeing what works / what doesn't ahead of release :)

Soldato
Took charge of southampton, recently relegated and starting with -10 points. Up for the challenge!

Pre-season going well:

118zsxz.jpg

That 8-0 win was incredible, both my strikers got hat-tricks and my central midfielder scored twice :D

Associate
Ohhhh not long to go now before the full release, good to see the Royal Mail will be doing their part and striking at the most inappropriate time.

Not to mention the Windows 7 release

Soldato
On the off chance that someone is already doing this, how can I expect this to run on a Core 2 Solo 1.4Ghz CPU (Acer Timeline laptop). Will probably run just the English leagues, but how slow will it be???

Associate
can anyone point me in the direction of a definitive mega pack of cut-out style player pics for FM please. I have the logos and shirts pretty much sorted.

Associate
Here. ...but you'll have to wait as they say the download page is currently broken, but version 2 of the pack will be released soon. If you don't want to wait you should be able to find other picture sets if you look through that section of the forum, but they probably won't be nearly as extensive as the megapack.

Back
Top Bottom