Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
Well, maybe the doorman knocked (or not) but mine was dropped through the letterbox like a letter,, no signing required. Just opened it, and there are TWO discs inside, 32/64. and one product key, am assumin you CAN have both 32 and 64 bit on at the same time, yes?

No, the license only covers one install, either 32 or 64 but not both at the same time.

Soldato
My copy was waiting for me when I got in. I feel a bit sorry for those who actually want it because mine is going to sit on the shelf unopened until the RC expires or I get a solid state drive - whichever comes first. :p

Soldato
WOOT WOOT! :D

Got my Windows 7 Professional today which came as a huge surprise! :eek:

So it did look like Microsoft and certain retailers are trying to send them out early before the postal strike. Great job on them! :)

Shame I can't really install mine yet as I am still awaiting my new hard drives and other stuff to come through from OcUK. Thats what I get for waiting too long and pressing buy when certain items were out of stock! :(

On another note, the label on the top of the DVD case says that my copy originated from Ireland. :p

Associate
hi guys,

can someone from you guys please confirm build number from retail installs?

is it the same as the RTM 16385 or not?

cheerio

ps: its easy to find it, fire up internet explorer--help icon--about internet explorer

Last edited:
Associate
Am I understanding this correctly?

Does the price of Windows 7 go up after the release date, am I better off ordering now?

(I know I should have kept a closer eye on this)

Soldato
Got an email the other day stating it wouldn't be despatched early. Got home and it's sitting here, where it's gonna stay until I decide whether or not to install this on my media pc or my laptop. So could be sitting there for a while.

Back
Top Bottom