Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
Nice surprise to find one of my win7 pro copies waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. Ireland 18.09.09 whatever that means.

Just waiting for my other two copies to arrive from a different source. Probably wont install any of these until at least the end of November due to possible upgrades/builds.

Associate
I got a copy off Windows 7 Pro for free threw college and MSDAA program :D.

And then last week I was at the N.Ireland lunch event in my College where they give everyone in attendance a free copy off Windows 7 Ultimate so I am well chuffed :)

Also they give out a free Xbox 360 and a few Webcams through out the presentation! Great Guys Microsoft Ireland!

Associate
Well, I just ordered mine about 30 minutes ago from OcUK, and it looks like ive made it in time as when ordering, the total price came to £162.99 include VAT on both the online order form and my order email that was sent to my inbox.

I`m happy that I managed to get it for the Pre-order price.

Edit:

Does anyone know why Windows 7 is a lot cheaper than Vista on release??? Because im sure when Vista was released it was well over £200 for the Ultimate Edition if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't even think Ultimate is part of the pre order deal, though why did you go for Ultimate, just so it says Ultimate in system properties? Cause I can't think of anything that is exclusive to the Ultimate edition that a home user would need. Heck there's very little in the pro version that a home user would need. for 99% of people Home Premium is the one to get and is a lot cheaper.

Associate
My three copies of Home Premium are being delivered by DHL and according to the tracking site they are out for delivery today. I'm at work today, but will be about tomorrow. I forget whether DHL automatically attempt a delivery next day, but they better do as my local depot is a bit of a trek on foot for me. :(

Anyway if I have it all tomorrow, I may finally install it on my desktop along with my SSD tomorrow as well if I have time (read I'll delay it another month :p). When it does finally go in, I expect a good speed increase as I haven't done a reinstall of Vista since I built my current computer a year or so ago. So that plus a faster operating system and system disk should hopefully give a big difference!

Associate
Had my copy delivered yesterday and I put it on last night. Absolutely love it!

Question though, the only Windows update that wouldnt install was an update for my 4870x2. Any ideas why not?

RoEy

Last edited:
Associate
Had my copy delivered yesterday and I put it on last night. Absolutely love it!

Question though, the only Windows update that wouldnt install was an update for my 4870x2. Any ideas why not?

RoEy
I would suggest that you do not install the drivers that Windows update supplies for your GFX card but get the latest directly from ATI.

Back
Top Bottom