Windows 7 arrived yesterday, should I install 32 or 64bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Will 64bit OS allow me to use my full 4 gig of RAM? On XP 32 I'm using 3.25 gig or something.

On another topic; how do I 'uninstall' windows 7. I have the retail which only allows 1 install at a time. How does the OS know it is only installed on one PC. If I do a hardware upgrade, how do I deal with this?

Soldato
Will 64bit OS allow me to use my full 4 gig of RAM? On XP 32 I'm using 3.25 gig or something.

On another topic; how do I 'uninstall' windows 7. I have the retail which only allows 1 install at a time. How does the OS know it is only installed on one PC. If I do a hardware upgrade, how do I deal with this?

As you have 4Gb of RAM id install 64bit :)

Associate
i got mine monday it took 15 mins to format and it be ready to use 15 more mins to downloads all the updates 55mb worth and its been amazing ever since so fast .

aparently msoft gave go ahead to ship early due to posty strike.

put the 64bit version on !

Soldato
When you Activate MS know its been done... if you then install on another machine and activate MS will know that too!, they won't like it but other than breaking the Licencing laws you 'might' get away with it (not recommended though!!!)... they might get arsey about it if you install on 10 machines and come after you!!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom