GT5: Mickey Take

Associate
Does anyone else think that the developers really are taking the **** now? I just fancied looking for the release date as last I heard it was set for Christmas, but now it is March 2010 which will increase the gap between GT5 Prologue > GT5 to over 2 years!!!

2 years??? surely no excuse is good enough anymore?

Its a good job DiRT 2 is brilliant to quench my racing thirst for now :p

Soldato
I'm pretty sure GT5 is vapourware.

I was going to buy a PS3 as GT5 was going to be a launch title (or a few months after). So glad I didn't in the end.

I can see the new non-linear way that the career mode of Forza works meaning that PD will re-write that part of GT and delay it even longer.

Associate
It's done when it's done. They can take as long as they want to perfect it, or at least as long as they can afford to continue without releasing it. I always find it funny when people seem to think software developers owe them something. Surely it's 100% upto them as to what they want in the game and how long they want to spend making it.

Soldato
It's done when it's done. They can take as long as they want to perfect it, or at least as long as they can afford to continue without releasing it. I always find it funny when people seem to think software developers owe them something. Surely it's 100% upto them as to what they want in the game and how long they want to spend making it.

Exactly, releasing it early or on time with a load of bugs would make everyone a lot happier.

Soldato
As far as I know March 2010 is the first official release date they've given so it'll be right on time :p

Apparently they're using the last few months to add deformation damage to the cars and just polish it off. I think the article I read was on Joystiq or Eurogamer.

Caporegime
I admire them for taking so much pride in their work and not rushing something they are not happy with to market.

They've basically done GT5 from scratch opposed to other developers who constantly tart up last years efforts.

Don
As what Spunkey said really. When the PS3 originally came out and was promised GT5 as a launch title I declared my interest and was going to pick one up on launch. Howeverr, with it being delayed i thought I'd leave it for a little while, which I'm glad I did now.

Soldato
Yeah they can take as long as they want. They always try and realise their stuff in a perfect state and this is no different. I also need to buy a PS3 for this so they can take ages if they want, just means I get to buy a cheaper console :p

Associate
OP
its not about that bud, they can indeed take as long as they want its the fact of giving out release dates, getting hopes up, then putting the date back again and again...

unless of course they have never released any official dates and the ones we see are just speculation, if this is so then i guess things are different - but that doesn't change the fact that like Spunkey said it was originally going to be a release title and possibly the reason people bought PS3s... this isn't right is it.

Permabanned
Yeah they can take as long as they want. They always try and realise their stuff in a perfect state and this is no different. I also need to buy a PS3 for this so they can take ages if they want, just means I get to buy a cheaper console :p

The point is, GT5 was a major PS3 selling point for a lot of people. 2 years ago.

If, for the sake of argument, they really did intend to release it in 2010, from the beginning, then it should never have been announce until around now.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I am actually gonna get a 360, but am I right in thinking I can't use my G25 with it (or have they sorted that out yet?)

If not I don't think my missus will let me buy yet another wheel :p

G25 can't be used with it I'm afraid :(

FWIW I've got a PS3 too and the constant GT5 delays are frustrating, FM3 however is a more than worthy alternative :cool:

Associate
OP
G25 can't be used with it I'm afraid :(

FWIW I've got a PS3 too and the constant GT5 delays are frustrating, FM3 however is a more than worthy alternative :cool:
fair enough... I spose letting the G25 work with a 360 would reduce sales on the MS wheel (then again they are different markets with the MS one selling at about 70 quid but hey ho)

might give forza a go on the pad...

Soldato
The point is, GT5 was a major PS3 selling point for a lot of people. 2 years ago.

If, for the sake of argument, they really did intend to release it in 2010, from the beginning, then it should never have been announce until around now.

Exactly this.

It was one of the reasons I bought a PS3 a couple of years back.
2 Years later I'm thinking of selling my PS3 and have purchased a Xbox 360 for Forza 3. I've given up waiting for GT5 now. It should of been released along with the Slim/3.0 update - they would have made a killing.

Back
Top Bottom