Frost Protection on windscreen

Soldato
alrite guys

I hate it when it is cold

so what can I put on my car windscreen the night before to prevent me clearing ice/frost off of the car on a working day morning?

Will nylon really work?

Associate
I usually start my car 5 minutes before i need to and just make sure to put the fan towards the window on the hot setting.

Although i live in a quiet area so there's not much chance of someone nicking my car while i'm inside and the cars running :p

Soldato
I usually start my car 5 minutes before i need to and just make sure to put the fan towards the window on the hot setting.

Although i live in a quiet area so there's not much chance of someone nicking my car while i'm inside and the cars running :p

No but if they do and you don't have keyless start then you're insurance won't pay out.

Personally I use a fairly good scraper, takes me about 2 mins max to clear all windows, by then the car is heating up and so am I - bonus! I actually quite enjoy taking frost off windows :D It's the ice from raining late evening then freezing that's nasty, then it's a sit in car and wait on it thawing job!

Soldato
You don't wanna be running your car for ages after starting it, not the best way to warm up the engine. I use a bottle or kettle full of luke-warm water and splash it over the windows when I leave, takes 30 seconds and is far less annoying than scraping :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I just use warm-hot water on my cars. I always pour it on the roof right above the screen to reduce the risk of cracking it, but it's always worked a treat.

I used to do it straight out the kettle, but then you have to take it back to the house. Might use a bottle/flask this year.

Soldato
Good point Dup, kettle has to go back! Aren't we a lazy bunch. I leave the Coke bottle outside in the porch too ;) You won't crack the glass unless you use hot, rather than just warm or room temperature water

Back
Top Bottom