Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
WOOOOOOOP!!!! :D:D

Mine's here. at work till 5 though so gotta sit here all afternoon now! its gonna be a long day.

cant belive i'm excited about getting a new OS... i'm sure i used to be cool!! :p

Associate
there is a chance, as the delivery staff are still working today, its tomorrow they aren't working, and the sorting staff in the main dispatches aren't working today. So if it passed the main dispatch, there is a chance of delivery today

Associate
My Windows Ultimate just arrived many thanks Overclockers.

Now the question is do I upgrade my Vista 64 Ultimate or do a fresh installation?

Cheers

Associate
Problem is I have so much stuff installed on my hard drive & it will take so long to re-install it .

But I do appreciate a fresh install is quicker & better.

Been reading reports of 11 hours plus to upgrade :(

Cheers

Associate
My 3 copies arrived today!, Professional by royal mail and 2 x HP by courier! - all waiting for me when i got home. Snazzy boxes too!

Soldato
Upgrade trawls through your entire HDD looking at everything installed and searching for all the various document types so you don't lose anything. It's apparently very good, but extremely slow as it's doing so much.

Soldato
The upgrade service is good, in that it will leave your computer exactly how it is, only with Windows 7 instead of Vista.

I had to leave my laptop running over night to do an upgrade with the RC1.

I ended up just wiping everything off anyway, as it was just as slow as it had been with Vista.

Clean install is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom