Didnt get a Windows 7 Voucher?

Associate
I bought a pre built rig with vista HP + W7 upgrade voucher from OcUK. Was just wondering if anyone has got there "offer material" with their machine? Don't know if I should get onto them about it as I didn't get anything about it :s

Thanks.

Soldato
yes i ordered a pre built system last week, which came with an W7 upgrade voucher, most systems should i think, the webpage of the product should tell you, i certainly think your within your rights to at least give them a ring and find out

Associate
OP
Well this is great...I sent them a message and they refuse to give me the upgrade as I left it too late after my order. I was a bit of a noob with it but I had NO idea how it was going to work so I just waited. I read up about it and some people said they just send it to you after the release. Hmm...guess I'm going to have to get the student upgrade and spend £30! Would have been nice to have SOME info about it if I wasn't going to get a voucher with it, which wasn't my mistake.

Soldato
Well this is great...I sent them a message and they refuse to give me the upgrade as I left it too late after my order. I was a bit of a noob with it but I had NO idea how it was going to work so I just waited. I read up about it and some people said they just send it to you after the release. Hmm...guess I'm going to have to get the student upgrade and spend £30! Would have been nice to have SOME info about it if I wasn't going to get a voucher with it, which wasn't my mistake.

Trading standards tbh.

Andy

Associate
OP
Around 3 months back :rolleyes: I Know..I should have messaged them in that time but after reading about it I just thought I would wait until it comes out. I spent most of my time trying to get my GPU sent back as they put the wrong one in the machine. :(

Associate
Yes I ordered a pre built system and the upgrade voucher was inside the Vista case.
Just had a email off MS saying my copy of Windows 7 has been shipped also.

Associate
OP
Damn it! Ah well...Windows 7 student deal doesn't look so bad... especially with people saying you can get it for fresh installs. Just annoyed I have to spend £30 :(

is metioning laptop makers classed as mentioning competition?

my other half got a laptop in june which supposably allowed her to upgrade to win7 for £15 once released. how do we go about collecting this? there was no mention of it past when dell support told me over the phone before we ordered the laptop.

Associate
I'm having the same issue at the moment with Dell. My father-in-law bought an Inspiron off the shelf from a high street mobile phone company (with no phone or broadband - just the laptop), didn't receive a voucher even though it was advertised as a free upgrade to W7, Dell aren't being very helpful and niether is the high street shop. Spent over an hour on the phone to Dell being pushed around different departments before giving up.

Associate
I'm having the same issue at the moment with Dell. My father-in-law bought an Inspiron off the shelf from a high street mobile phone company (with no phone or broadband - just the laptop), didn't receive a voucher even though it was advertised as a free upgrade to W7, Dell aren't being very helpful and niether is the high street shop. Spent over an hour on the phone to Dell being pushed around different departments before giving up.

I would say ring trading standards, see what they say.

They have a few problems at the moment, read Jesse posts,

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19300267/19573246.aspx#19573246

Soldato
To be honest if everyone had your 'oh well, I'll go buy it anyway' attitude then everyone would get ripped off, and you have been ripped off, mate. Not trying to be an a-hole with you but you need to get a bit more miffed than you are.
Trading standards would be a good port of call after totally exhausting communications with ocUK- give them another call and explain why you waited so long, I mean the length of time you waited doesn't change the fact that they didn't send it to you. If the first guy can't help, speak to his superior, surely ocUK wouldn't rip someone off like this :(

Soldato
If you've not received what you paid for then i'd threaten to send it back under the sales description act. It seems a lot of companies are doing this because it's costing them more money and is why some are charging

MW

Back
Top Bottom