The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Soldato
Hmm dont know what to make of this phone.
Got it today.
Charged it
Tried to turn it on and it wount go past the white screen with Nokia logo! Just hangs there. Tried everything but nothing!!!!!
Removed the memory card, didnt work. Tried hard reset didnt work.....

Looks like it will be going back!

Not happy at all!!!!

Associate
Well I finally lost my stylus somewhere :(

Does anyone know if the cheap ones on ebay will fit perfectly into the stylus part, just like the Nokia ones?

Associate
Well I finally lost my stylus somewhere :(

Does anyone know if the cheap ones on ebay will fit perfectly into the stylus part, just like the Nokia ones?

Just buy the genuine 5800 stylus on the bay..

Anyone have problems with the internet dropping out on the 5800?? Mine is doing it randomly and can't seem to find out why.

Soldato
Hmm dont know what to make of this phone.
Got it today.
Charged it
Tried to turn it on and it wount go past the white screen with Nokia logo! Just hangs there. Tried everything but nothing!!!!!
Removed the memory card, didnt work. Tried hard reset didnt work.....

Looks like it will be going back!

Not happy at all!!!!

Orange sent me a new one the next day. Turned out it was a dodgy battery on the other one.

Anyway, loving the phone :)

Quick question: When im at home, is there anyway I can keep it connected to my wireless home network so that it doesn't use "orange internet" at all for internet? When I connect to it, it looses connection after 5min or so and then i have to manually connect to it.

Associate
when your in the browser, go to settings, then general, then access point and choose internet instead of always ask. that seems to make mine use the wireless first.
you can also filter out other wireless connections that you pick up so that it only finds your own. main menu settings, connectivity, wlan, options, filter wlan networks.
hope this helps.

Soldato
One thing that is really annoying me is this: Only numbers on the dialler!
Wish it was like all other phones and showed the letters aswell the numbers.

Why you may wonder....?

Well when i ring 150 and want to speak to a person on the other end i have to input 2 characters from my password using the keypad on my phone.

Soldato
Can anyone help me out here. My cousin has bought a 5800 from brighthouse (yes I know a rip) and I'm wondering do all 5800's come with Comes With Music? He has brought the software to my house but I can't see anything in the software to download free music.

Thanks.

Associate
No they do not all come with the 'come with music' feature. There is another version that comes with it, but i don't think it is available here.

On a side note, I finally managed to update to the latest firmware over the air. I have noticed that battery life is significantly improved compared to the earlier version 25.0 something.

Soldato
Is this phone good as far as the mp3 playback is concerned? I'm looking for a new phone and a new mp3 player but would rather get an all in one device.

Max is 16gb for this phone, right?

Soldato
Are you trying over the Air or Via nokia sortware updater?

As I have said already in this thread I have tried both, several times. The OTA thing never works, says its getting data from nokia and then says no update available, and the software updater cant find my phone, I have reinstalled it at least have a dozen times now, and tried the lead in different USB ports on my puter but it just fails to recognise my phone.

Associate
I'm on Vodafone and mine shipped with v21.something, but no updates after that.

Knip, when you plug the phone in it should give you an option on the phone to choose four options, you have to press one of them before the phone will be seen in windows.

Back
Top Bottom