BMW M3 GTS

Caporegime
I care. The E46 GTR is an awesome piece of machinery so I suspect this won't fail to deliver.

thing is.

will you buy one ?

no, you'll just admire it from afar like the rest of us petrolheads. The only people who will really care about how good it drives will be the racing drivers who drive the racing versions.

The road going versions ? they'll all end up in warehouses and garages.

Associate
thing is.

will you buy one ?

no, you'll just admire it from afar like the rest of us petrolheads. The only people who will really care about how good it drives will be the racing drivers who drive the racing versions.

The road going versions ? they'll all end up in warehouses and garages.

I won't buy one, I'll have two please! One in that smashing orangey colour and another in pink.

I only care beacuse BMW aren't generally in the buisness of making cars like this available to the public if they're not going to to be up to the job, even if it is only for homolgation.

Looking forward to a benchmark ring time for this.

Caporegime
that's a very good point

in an era where people like Toyota are abandonning making drivers cars because they are too expensive, it can only be a good thing that BMW sticks 2 fingers up to the global recession and comes out with cars like these and still wants to go racing.

Caporegime
that's a very good point

in an era where people like Toyota are abandonning making drivers cars because they are too expensive, it can only be a good thing that BMW sticks 2 fingers up to the global recession and comes out with cars like these and still wants to go racing.

Toyota are not abandonning making drivers cars due to cost, it's about emissions and meeting targets.

Caporegime
yet BMW stick two fingers up and produce a car like this ?

Looks like it, but Toyota are trying to lead the way in the emissions area, from what I was told when I was at Burnaston they want to not only meet the target emissions in Europe but exceed these levels as well. This is why I would be very surprised if the Supra makes an offical release over on these shores.

And Toyota made the LF-A, what is your point?

Technically they didn't. ;)

Soldato
Love the videos on Pistonheads. Don't know why people are comparing it to a GTR. This is raw, purist and awesome, the other is captain-safety by comparison.

Man of Honour
Love the videos on Pistonheads. Don't know why people are comparing it to a GTR. This is raw, purist and awesome, the other is captain-safety by comparison.

As is normally the case you are the only person to properly mention the Nissan GT-R in this thread.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom