Has anyone actualy bought this case?

Associate
The problem is you can get a very good case for around £150 and a strech £200 for maybe a corsair 800d.I just could not justify £500 for a case plus thermaltake's finish is not that good as a rule.
Still i'am waiting to see someone put some pics of a build in this case.

Man of Honour
Have to say I like it actually, it's a completely new take on a case which is nice to see, sure it's a fashion statement to an extent and it's expensive but I can see it working if you have a minimalist apartment. Though, that said, while I do like the design I wouldn't buy it, I don't have a place like that and couldn't live in one myself...

But it's nice to see somebody is doing anything other than variations on the theme of a rectangular box in various shades of silver and black without it being completely tacky. I think that's a good thing myself but I appreciate that while I'll pay a substantial premium for good design, there another crowd who have no interest in that.

Man of Honour
The problem is you can get a very good case for around £150 and a strech £200 for maybe a corsair 800d.I just could not justify £500 for a case plus thermaltake's finish is not that good as a rule.
Still i'am waiting to see someone put some pics of a build in this case.

Nobody's going to buy it because it's a good case though, they'll buy it because it's a design statement, either because they like the design or they want to show off by having something different to everyone else. In either case, money is less important and their definition of value is different - different doesn't mean wrong though!

I do agree that the finish doesn't actually look great in close up shots and some of the details aren't up to the price point though.

Associate
I have no problems with people trying something different and make a case a bit more stylish.But i think that after a couple of weeks and when the novelty wears off you will sit there looking at it and wish you had bought a silverstone case or the corsair which in the long term would be easier cases to live with and cost a fraction of the price

Associate
Nobody's going to buy it because it's a good case though, they'll buy it because it's a design statement, either because they like the design or they want to show off by having something different to everyone else. In either case, money is less important and their definition of value is different - different doesn't mean wrong though!

I do agree that the finish doesn't actually look great in close up shots and some of the details aren't up to the price point though.

Yep I agree, if I had enough to waste on it I would get one, sadly had to settle for the HAF932 like the case, but its not a statement at all :o

Don
that lian li 888 is even more fo a joke. At least this case looks stylish in the right place. The lian Li 888 looks like a dubai billionaires wet dream

funny you mention that, this guy IS fapping!

fap.jpg

Associate
I think it looks stunning, but like everyone else, not worth the money for the average user.
Would love to see some user pics though if anyone has it.

Associate
To me its a truelly ugly case, though I can see why people may like it as its different, I wouldnt pay anymore then 100 for it. ( which wont happen for 100 years lol )
maybe someone will buy one, instantly regret it and try and flog it out MM, will probably end up rather cheap :)

Associate
The biggest thing that surprises me is not that someone would buy such a vomit inducing case, but the fact the reviews are made by people who don't even own the case.

Tim Snr (London) said:
It is about time someone put some effort into chassis design and not just recycle the same tired designs time and again.
Price is steep but hey, It looks great. I will be getting one which wil double up as my media centre

doesn't own it, but apparently can still give it 5 stars.

Viper217 (Glasgow) said:
Slick Design but too hefty a price £500 (you could buy Asus's Supercomputer Mobo and still have change)
Unless you have an air line to blow fluff and dust off every month it won't stay as slick looking as this.

doesn't own it, but managed to feel he could give it 3 stars

Jordan (London) said:
I might have to spend my £500 for this tower…It is the new beast on the horizon. As a professional designer I am giving 5* for design but the functionality is something I am more concern.

Doesn't own it either but still gave it 5 stars

wtf is that all about?

I'm off to check my dictionary for the meaning of the word review!

Back
Top Bottom