*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
this is working for me, even tho its on disc 1 and says 1hr 51mins remaining!!!

Using Steam launch options to install from disc

1. Log in to Steam and click the My games tab.
2. Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
3. Insert the first disc into your computer.
4. Close Steam (File > Exit).
5. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).
6. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
7. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Soldato
Well he certainly made it sound like that

No, really he didn't. Nothing in his post made it sound like "the game is playing itself for you", "like a rolling demo" at all, there is a huge difference between predicting movement to counter lag and watching 3DMark.

Soldato
when pings are high the software uses it's best guess to judge where players are and what should be happening

yes, really he did. in what other way can the above sentence be possibility construed other than to imply that when the game lags the software takes over the control of the game from the player and starts to "make things up" ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow all I can say is wow, this is everything I wanted it to be, and 3 weeks worth of worrying for nearly nothing.

Just played MP for 2 hours solid, in this time I didnt experience any lag and only 1 dropped host, which searched and reconnected all in 5 seconds. Which isnt bad for the first night the game has been released. Every-ones pings where 4 bars.
Searching for a game is quite good, pick what you want, it finds the fastest game and bang your in straight away. Granted not quite as much freedom as having DS's but no biggy, you can still play with your mates and clans.
As for the game itself much improved graphics and my FPS never dropped below a capped 91FPS with everything banged up high and 4XAA (GTX295)

Kings of COD4 like myself, be ready to start all over, I got my arse handed to me in the first hour or so, and still struggle to stay at the top of the list now.
Its does play a bit different from COD4, the recoil is less as said before, but still more than say the scorpion on COD4.

All in all 9/10 for the MP for me, I think my hopes where so drownded, this doesnt deserve the flak its getting.

Now time for SP....

Associate
Thanks for the tip, I also got things rolling with the -install E: tip. Unfortunately it now says the game will be ready in 4 hours.

FFS, I went through five shops this evening to get a copy and this is my reward...

Klaus

Soldato
ive given up with the game and its gone in the bin, for now it least.

might try again tomorrow if i can be bothered

probably just going to buy it on the 360, atleast i can play it on something its designed for and have more than a 5% chance or it working

Last edited:
Associate
I cancelled the install and ran the -install E: again. Had to run it about five or six times as it kept saying the servers were too busy. It's now sprung into life and is installing from the CD. The previous attempt must have still been downloading, depsite using the install -E trick.

21 minutes remaining :) :) :) :)

Klaus

Soldato
yes, really he did. in what other way can the above sentence be possibility construed other than to imply that when the game lags the software takes over the control of the game from the player and starts to "make things up" ?

Have you ever played a game on your computer before :confused:

I honestly think you're being dense for the sake of it, that doesn't even remotely imply that it turns the game into a 'rolling demo'. It works just like every other online multiplayer FPS ever has and when someone lags, the server (or host) does its best to guess where that player would have been until his connection catches up and informs the server (or host) of the actual location.

In what possible way that is anything like 'playing the game for you' I have no idea.

Soldato
When installing mine it repeatadly just stopped installing or freezing etc. I removed all steam software then reinstalled it, it installed first time after that.

Associate
Can someone tell me why there's so much buzz surrounding this game?
Is this a follow up to COD4? I know that game was considered to be pretty good but don't understand why this is a huge release. (genuine question, not being funny :) )

Back
Top Bottom