**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Associate
Wynne got in my way in the mage tower so I had to kill her. But thats ok as my main is a human mage fully specced into spirit healing, just find shes short on mana a lot. Wish I took Wynnes gear before I took her out, prob would have been locked to her though I bet.

I run with Sten in the the Dragon Armour as 2 hand DPS and tank, Morrigan as cc and dps, Shale as main tank, and me healing, dpsing and ccing. No rogue for boxes, but when I complete Deep Roads I'm gonna come back in with Leiana and open all the locked boxes.

Love this game. Its tough but great. Wish there was more loot too, seems a bit stingey so far, just beat a couple of bosses and the only loot is for warriors.

Soldato
Scroll past my post if you don't want to see pictures of fighting a mid-game dragon

I was just about to post some screenshots of that, just brought the scaly beast down. At first I thought, this won't end well (yes that's Alistair being bitten in half there):

But then after many health and mana potions and the lucky fact that the beast was susceptable to cold spells so I could freeze her for a second to give my tank a brief respite:

FATALITY!

(Click pictures to embigen!)

Last edited:
Associate
I am really tempted by this since i just started my annual "its time for me to actually finish oblivion thing" and i am into the old fantasy RPGing :D

Associate
I cant seem to access the wardens keep, ive downloaded the content its enabled in the main menu, when i speak to the guy at the camp he says that he will mark the area down on the map, it cuts to a black screen for a few seconds the back to the camp. i cant see the location on the map, am i missing something? cheers

Soldato
Anyone else get annoyed at long load times? noticed when I turned it down from high to medium textures load times were dramatically reduced. Not as pretty but it's a damn sight more playable when zoning a lot!!

Soldato
I cant seem to access the wardens keep, ive downloaded the content its enabled in the main menu, when i speak to the guy at the camp he says that he will mark the area down on the map, it cuts to a black screen for a few seconds the back to the camp. i cant see the location on the map, am i missing something? cheers

It's called Soldier's Peak; should be at the top of map:

Capodecina
Soldato
The thing that's getting me so far is that after I cast spells I have to wait a few seconds before doing another one. And then after I've done a certain amount in a large battle I'm not 'allowed' to do any more.

Real pain in the arse.

Also, even with all the settings on low the play in the larger areas isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be [4870, 5GB RAM]. Still, the Witcher had this problem too - really badly on Act III. I'm putting it down to coding rather than my inferior hardware.

Associate

I had the exact same thing happen to me, would talk to him accept the quest and he would still be standing there with a ! above his head. My hard drive failed and I lost the save game so had to start again, when I got to speak to him the next time round he vanished once I had accepted the quest and the location was on the map

Back
Top Bottom