• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problem installing Catalyst with new card

Associate
I seem to be having a problem with installing ATI drivers.

Going from an Nvidia to ATI card on windows 7 x64, I firstly uninstalled the current drivers and shut down the system. Installed the new card, and restarted. Getting video signal, card seems to be working fine.

When I get to windows, I insert the driver disc and proceed with the install. I get as far as the screen with the "Install" and "Uninstall" options, and after I press install, it simply exits out. Windows gives me a message saying the previous program failed to install and it will use compatibility settings next time.

Repeat the steps and get to the point again with the same results.

Thinking it may just be the cd drivers, I download v9.12 but im getting the same results.

Device manager is showing Standard VGA graphics adapter, and running Windows update does not find any updates.

Any ideas? I haven't used ATI in years and have no idea whats going on. Maybe Im missing something simple or theres a known workaround.

Back
Top Bottom