• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Small issue moving from TripleHead2Go to Eyefinity, Help Please

Associate
Hi All,

I've just moved from a triplehead2go digital set up and gone to an eyefinity set up using a ATI5970.

I have a small problem though in that when I start the PC up I get an error on one monitor statin the refresh level is not supported. If I remove the display port connector and re-plug it in everything then works fine.

I've removed all of the Matrox software using remove software and have in Catalyst control panel the eyfinity set up and set at 60hz.

I think the issue is that with triplehead you had to run it at 59hz to work and there is probably a setting still left which is telling the one monitor to still run at 59hz.

Running Catalyst 10.2 drivers.

Anyone have any tips for this issue?

Regards

Taff

Associate
I've made the same swap this week, no problems here and I did not remove the Matrox software as I've read reports of the Matrox bezel management working with Eyefinity.

I'm using the active adapter from sapphire, another difference though is that i have a custom inf file for my monitors giving 76hz.

Regards
Fred

Associate
OP
Hi Fred,

I'm also using the active adapter.

Can you tell me what inf file you are referring to? Is this something that's used by catalyst control centre.

Also prior to the 5970 where you using another ATI card or were you using an nVidia card?

I was using a 4870X2.

regards

Taff

Associate
Hi Taff

I was using an Nvidia GTX295 before.

The inf is a new driver for the monitor, I have Dell 2209WA's and these can do 76hz with a modified driver, its not related to ATI's CCC.

Regards
Fred

Associate
Ive just made the leap form an Nvidia with triplehead2go digital to a 5850. I was hoping to use my th2go to set it at 5040x1050, but cant seem to select that resolution with the ATI Drivers.

Seems I might have to sell the th2go and get a active displayport adaptor. Starting to wish I had kept my GTX now.

Associate
Ive just made the leap form an Nvidia with triplehead2go digital to a 5850. I was hoping to use my th2go to set it at 5040x1050, but cant seem to select that resolution with the ATI Drivers.

Seems I might have to sell the th2go and get a active displayport adaptor. Starting to wish I had kept my GTX now.

I presume you already have a displayport somewere, via adapter or native connection?

Hi All,

I've just moved from a triplehead2go digital set up and gone to an eyefinity set up using a ATI5970.

I have a small problem though in that when I start the PC up I get an error on one monitor statin the refresh level is not supported. If I remove the display port connector and re-plug it in everything then works fine.

I've removed all of the Matrox software using remove software and have in Catalyst control panel the eyfinity set up and set at 60hz.

I think the issue is that with triplehead you had to run it at 59hz to work and there is probably a setting still left which is telling the one monitor to still run at 59hz.

Running Catalyst 10.2 drivers.

Anyone have any tips for this issue?

Regards

Taff

I've noticed this with recent drivers, nothing i cant live with though.

Back
Top Bottom