People I hate...

Soldato
Nope its not a I hate a famous person thread :p

More of a rant. I am getting particularly sick and tierd of the people in my office. I don't get on well with at least 3 of them. My appraisal cycle is coming to an end and I had to have a meeting with my Line Manager.

One of the aspects to the appraisal is to get feedback from people in the office to whom I work with. Low and behold lots of negative feedback saying I lack technical knowledge and just in general negative comments about my way of working. Needless to say I wasnt really to surprised but still rather annoyed.

Luckily I have my trump card, a lot of my work involves dealing with customers. Every job I have done I have asked for just a simple email with the customer detailing if they were happy with my performance and the service provided. So when I handed about 5-6 reports all from customers saying how well I performed on job X or job Y when the feedback from office members said that on job X and Y I did poorly my line manager was quite surprised.

It just goes to show that some people are just idiots. I personally want to go Alpha male and rip their head off. Its not on to provide unjust feedback when they have no proof for their claims.

My line manager has now said he will have to re-evaluate the appraisal since I have provided proof that I have been performing well and as such should reflect this in my apprasial.

So anyone else ever experienced stuff like this ? Its really hard I just don't know how to deal with it really I want to comfront them about it but I feel it would be unprofessional. Considering I am the junior member in the office I feel quite isolated.

argh I am so angry and the moment I can't concentrate at all on work now :(

Oh I forgot the short ver for those who dont want to read the wall of text crit.
I hate people, they hate me, they are trying to screw me over, they failed, I am now angry about it. THE END :p

Soldato
Nope its not a I hate a famous person thread :p

More of a rant. I am getting particularly sick and tierd of the people in my office. I don't get on well with at least 3 of them. My appraisal cycle is coming to an end and I had to have a meeting with my Line Manager.

One of the aspects to the appraisal is to get feedback from people in the office to whom I work with. Low and behold lots of negative feedback saying I lack technical knowledge and just in general negative comments about my way of working. Needless to say I wasnt really to surprised but still rather annoyed.

Luckily I have my trump card, a lot of my work involves dealing with customers. Every job I have done I have asked for just a simple email with the customer detailing if they were happy with my performance and the service provided. So when I handed about 5-6 reports all from customers saying how well I performed on job X or job Y when the feedback from office members said that on job X and Y I did poorly my line manager was quite surprised.

It just goes to show that some people are just idiots. I personally want to go Alpha male and rip their head off. Its not on to provide unjust feedback when they have no proof for their claims.

My line manager has now said he will have to re-evaluate the appraisal since I have provided proof that I have been performing well and as such should reflect this in my apprasial.

So anyone else ever experienced stuff like this ? Its really hard I just don't know how to deal with it really I want to comfront them about it but I feel it would be unprofessional. Considering I am the junior member in the office I feel quite isolated.

argh I am so angry and the moment I can't concentrate at all on work now :(

Oh I forgot the short ver for those who dont want to read the wall of text crit.
I hate people, they hate me, they are trying to screw me over, they failed, I am now angry about it. THE END :p

Interesting. Any reason you think they are like that with you? Well done on providing proof. I haven't experienced anything like that with others putting me down. However, I have had blame shared with me and other colleagues when I was not at fault because other colleagues were too stubborn to hold their hands up. Are you in IT?

Soldato
OP
Office politics - you can refuse to get involved but it'll always effect you.

Pretty much its so annoying because I cannot stand it.

What is quite ammusing is we have had a couple of new starters in the office who have come from a commercial environment and they cannot believe how much slander goes on in the office when person X or Y is not in the office.

Soldato
OP
Interesting. Any reason you think they are like that with you? Well done on providing proof. I haven't experienced anything like that with others putting me down. However, I have had blame shared with me and other colleagues when I was not at fault because other colleagues were too stubborn to hold their hands up. Are you in IT?

No idea why they are like it to be honest, I have never done anything to provoke them. I think unfortunatly its one of those "we are a group of people we do things our way, you are new you do things new ways we don't like" :p

I don't mind receiving negative feedback as long as it is justified. One of the jobs that office member A spoke of said that I left the job in an unproffessional manner and yet the customer feedback for that job was completly contradictory to what office member A said. So I mean what the hell. The customer is happy they are the ones paying so office member A can go jump off a cliff.

I work in IT infrastructure.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Where I've worked (IT) it's usually always been the office workers who group up together against the management team and most commonly us lowly office workers have more technical knowledge and logic than them hence why so many bad management decisions used to happen :p

Yup, more back stabbing then at the assassination of Julius Caesar. ;)

Ah but he was stabbed in the chest which was the cod!

Soldato
I don't have your problem, I'm universally loved at work. I'm also awesome at my job, a hoot at parties and great in the sack. I like to share that on the many internet forums I frequent.

Edit: Maybe it's a symptom of your work environment. In the least insulting way possible, I've noticed that IT are generally fairly clannish people.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't have your problem, I'm universally loved at work.

Or so you think the min you are out of the office they are prob all polishing their long swords pre-pareing to stab you !! :p

QUOTE]
Edit: Maybe it's a symptom of your work environment. In the least insulting way possible, I've noticed that IT are generally fairly clannish people.

Quite possibly I mean the people who have "clanned" have been working with eachother for a few years now. The one chap who I really don't like has been sitting in the same chair for nearly 28 years now. Never gone up the ladder or even thought about it. As such when ever I disagree with him on something his general response is I've been doing the job a lot longer than you I think I know best.... the thing is that no you don't. End of the day we are all human and will make mistakes but he will not acknowledge it.

Soldato
Or so you think the min you are out of the office they are prob all polishing their long swords pre-pareing to stab you !! :p

Quite possibly I mean the people who have "clanned" have been working with eachother for a few years now. The one chap who I really don't like has been sitting in the same chair for nearly 28 years now. Never gone up the ladder or even thought about it. As such when ever I disagree with him on something his general response is I've been doing the job a lot longer than you I think I know best.... the thing is that no you don't. End of the day we are all human and will make mistakes but he will not acknowledge it.

Ahar the good old "I'm comfortable here and probably overpaid for what I really do and have a nice pension going for my 20+ years in the company and I know best" employee. Yeah we have a few of those.

Man of Honour
Office politics - you can refuse to get involved but it'll always effect you.

Very true this as painful as it can be sometimes.

We've just had our paperwork tripled because some uni graduate got a job in IT audit and convinced board members that this is the way things should be done. Damn ideologists!

Still it's a job and I get paid.

Soldato
milton.jpg

Set the building on fire.

Soldato
OP
Very true this as painful as it can be sometimes.

Still it's a job and I get paid.

Thats my train of thought really. I do like the work and the money is fairly decent. But I am getting really fed up with having to deal with situations like this.

If I had not kept a record with proof of my work I would have basically had to take it on the chin and end up with an appraisal that was basically full of incorrect information just because a couple of idiots don't like me.

What is worse is that none of them have ever come to talk to me if they feel I have done a bad job they just moan behind my back.

I think for now its just a matter of waiting and see what my line manager says but I have to say if this carries on I will start to talk to HR about it because as mentioned I feel isolated and in a way this is a form of bullying. If they think they can just walk over me they got another think coming.

Caporegime
in their appraisals say they spit in their supervisors coffee.

Get picture of themand boses cup/mug and I'm sure the photo shoppers will arrange it :p

Back
Top Bottom