Most ridiculous missile sequence in a movie - ever

Soldato
So I just watched Behind Enemy Lines - the movie about an American pilot shot down over Bosnia and how he evades the baddies etc.

Anyways the shoot-down sequence was the most RIDICULOUS thing I have EVER seen in a movie. I know the point of a movie is to entertain but in this kinda movie surely they could have gotten the realism right?

Two SAMs (surface to air missiles) are launched at the F-18, all good for the first 15 secs or so....and then things start getting silly. The missiles go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....not ballistically either - their motors keep burning nonstop! If pointed stright up they would go to the moon, loop around it and come back again, go to Tescos, do shopping, put it all in your fridge and then fly around some more.

It gets better. The F-18 jock decides to go for a head-on pass in an effort to lose the missile so he turns right towards it. Plane & missile headed towards each other and missile rips through the planes wing damaging it.

You thought this was over. Umm. No.

:o

The missile (having just hit the plane w/out exploding) now does a 180 and comes BACK and finally takes out the jet.

By this time I was on the floor in a coma.

It was an absolute bullcrap scene which ruined whats kinda a decent action flick. Sure it has other flaws but this was just glaring....and even a non-mil goof like me can see that.

Can you imagine the scene in the movie hall full of fighter jocks when this movie was first released! Man they must have got a kick out of it :D

Ok Im off to get some coffee....

Soldato
That film was on in the background earlier tonight, and even with me paying it only 5% attention it was so utterly over-the-top, bring the boys home patriotic that I actually felt embarrassed.

Soldato
OP
I quite liked it :o

It does have its good moments. The camerawork was great I thought...specially when hes struggling to get the beacon working on the seat and the camera does this very fast panning thing around him....felt like an FPS hee hee.

And the mean enemy soldiers look convincingly badass! Specially that one dude in the black bandana!

Soldato
Me and my brother both burst out laughing when he runs back for the flight recording and slides along the ground with a pistol and takes out 2 of the soldiers :eek: :D.

Soldato
When I read the title I thought straight away you were talking about the missile sequence at the end of G.I Joe. That was aweful, and one of the worst films I've ever seen. If you haven't watched it, don't (except perhaps to see the missle bit at the end in comparison to the one mentioned here)!!

Soldato
I remember watching it in the cinema and then sneaking in to Black Hawk Down which was conveniently showing on the screen next door as Behind Enemy Lines finished. Cookie to the one who can guess which one I enjoyed more.

Man of Honour
You thought this was over. Umm. No.

:o

The missile (having just hit the plane w/out exploding) now does a 180 and comes BACK and finally takes out the jet.

By this time I was on the floor in a coma.

So you missed the end of the film. :p

I watch films to enjoy them not analyse the technicalities of avoiding Sam missiles. Let’s consider car chases..... ;)

Soldato
Good old MS vs GO.

fire stern torpedo!

[torpedo shoots out of front of sub]

And a fighter jet that switched between a f-18, a f-22 and a sr-71 with in a 12 second clip.

Caporegime
You're crying over spilt milk, THIS is something to cringe at:

Scroll to 1:20.

Its suprising that crap like that actually finds someone braindead enough to finance it. Though going by the effects the entire budget can't have been more than a fiver tops.

Have to love the muzzle flashes on the battleship, talk about a wet fart.

Back
Top Bottom