Hypothetical "End of the World" Question

Permabanned
Assume Jesus was a real person and really "worked miracles."

What would happen in the world if he really came back from the dead, as is "predicted"? Would there be panic etc, or rejoicing?

Just a random thought.

:)

Soldato
There would be chaos and most likely a huge amount of conflict. There will be the hardcore believers, non-believers and sceptics, all with opposing viewpoints.

Would be an interesting time though.

Associate
Interesting thread as just a short while ago a christian co-worker and I talked about this same subject.

He says that the devil will come first claiming to be Christ, but you will know hes false because he will use the media to try to convince us all he is Jesus.

He then says Jesus will come and we will all know he is Jesus because he will apear to all of us asthough he is standing infront of us all (and bring all of heavens angels with him). We will then all be judged and some will go to heaven and the rest will cease to exist (bit more complicated than this).

The interesting thing about what he was saying to me was he believes from studying the bible it will happen within the next 9 years.

Man of Honour
Probably a bit of both, he'd have to do something impressive in public to prove he is who he says he is. Hell, take Derren Brown back into the past and many would have proclaimed him to be a miracle worker because of what he can seemingly do.

He'd also get a lot of abuse no doubt from people wanting to know why certain things have happened. Topically, people like Jamie Bulgers mother would have a few questions for him no doubt. Ironically I also think one of the first "people" to try and discredit him would be the Vatican.

Soldato
Assume Jesus was a real person and really "worked miracles."

What would happen in the world if he really came back from the dead, as is "predicted"? Would there be panic etc, or rejoicing?

Just a random thought.

:)

It would depend on how he came back, if it anything other than an overwelming display of power then most people will just dismiss him as another reglious loon and not believe he actually come back

AJK

AJK

Associate
Interesting thread as just a short while ago a christian co-worker and I talked about this same subject.

He says that the devil will come first claiming to be Christ, but you will know hes false because he will use the media to try to convince us all he is Jesus.

He then says Jesus will come and we will all know he is Jesus because he will apear to all of us asthough he is standing infront of us all (and bring all of heavens angels with him). We will then all be judged and some will go to heaven and the rest will cease to exist (bit more complicated than this).

The interesting thing about what he was saying to me was he believes from studying the bible it will happen within the next 9 years.

Wow. How can someone live their life "knowing" that in less than 9 years time they will either go to an eternal paradise, or "cease to exist"? That's a really odd viewpoint on life.

Soldato

lol - your co-worker is mental.

Soldato
Ask him that if Jesus / God in particular is supposed to be so nice and all powerful, why the heck has he waited so long to come back & not basically clicked his fingers and prevented so much suffering (maybe he enjoys inflicting pain/death), when he could have made a utopia with no disease/problems, never created 'the devil' & everyone would have been happy including him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom