Bought an amp when drunk..

Associate
So I got drunk last night and was on ebay and bought a marantz integrated stereo amplifier pm-44se for £23, have any of you guys ever had any experience with this amp? I don't even know the specs of the amp! Have googled a little but not finding out that much info about it.
For that price I'm thinking even if it's not that great I can't really complain.
It will be powering some monitor audio br2 bronze bookshelfs for the time being. Only planning for it to be a stop gap anyway.

Associate
for the price...see what it sounds like!

Google:
An old amp from the 90's, 2 x 50watt, se = Special Edition, though cannot find out what is special.

I am sure that with the BR2's should be just fine. Your ears will tell you.

Soldato
Personally I like the sound of Marantz amps, they have a tendancy to havea rich warm sound.

Have to say I ordered my Marantz amp whilst drunk at uni...only mine was new and rather more money than that...lol!!!

Associate
I did the same for a rotel power amp for £40. I was chuffed to bits when I realised in the middle of my hangover the next day that i'd bid on it.

Soldato
Will be alright for £23. I sold a PM68 on ebay a while back for £55. Was a nice warm sounding amp

Ive bought loads of stuff when drunk then realised the next day, some things good, some bad. I bought one of those remote control helicopters a few years ago for about £40. It was crap so I sold it on ebay

I also bought a Mace (ball and chain) on ebay when smashed!

Soldato
I did the same for a rotel power amp for £40. I was chuffed to bits when I realised in the middle of my hangover the next day that i'd bid on it.

I was rather more shocked when it dawned on me I'd spent over £500....oops

Still, it's a lovely amp and still going strong many years later. :o)

Associate
I bought a plasma cutter off ebay when drunk, turned out to be a great buy :)

In general I try to keep well away from shopping sites when Im drinking.

Associate
OP
It's still not here yet, here's hoping it arrives tomorrow as it is my day off after all! I'll get a picture and whack it up when it does arrive, quite excited to see what I've got for so little cash.

Associate
OP
Gutted, it arrived about 30 minutes ago and well it doesn't work. Press the on switch and the red lights stay on for about 10 seconds then fade out again. Just hope the seller doesn't be awkward about this now. Payed through pay pal so getting my money back shouldn't be a problem.

Associate
Do the lights really "fade out" and not just go out? I'm thinking it might be just that the power switch is not locking in?

Back
Top Bottom