Nachos - how do you eat yours?

Soldato
Personally I prefer mine with melted cheese don under the grill, hot salsa and a small amount of sour cream finished with jalapenos.

Ive been experimenting with different types of cheese and even tried a combination last night but the question is has anyone found an optimate cheese or cheeses to get the best out of nachos?

Soldato
I find a mixture of mozzarella, red leicester and cheddar works well, the biggest problem is getting the cheese to melt without over cooking the nachos and making them too crisp. Also you can't east nachos without guacamole! :)

Man of Honour
Hot salsa, refried beans, pickled jalepenos. plenty of cheese, sour cream.

In the oven though so everything heats through nicely, sour cream on after it's come out the oven though.

Associate
Large handful of Doritos chips in an oven proof dish (I prefer an earthenware bowl that I can then serve them straight away in)

Spoon on several table spoonfuls of hot salsa. Then add some grated cheese over the top

Then place in the oven for 3 mins

Add jalapeños halfway through the cooking stage

As for the cheese, Mozzarella, Cheddar (not too strong) Monterrey *** 1:1:2 ratio

Associate
I like to have some cajun chicken in with mine :)

A layer of the chicken on the bottom with Nachos, Salsa and a strong cheddar on the top is lovely, finish with a few slices of japolenos and some sour cream.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Soldato
Tortillas with a massive amount of cheese, a stupid amount.
A metric tonne of jalapenos, fresh salsa, guacamole and soured cream. Maybe some refried beans or something too.

Back
Top Bottom