MW2 multiplayer and cheaters

Associate
Hi all, ok so is it me or is there been recently a silly amount of cheaters online?
the past few weeks ive encountered a number of people using wall hacks and aim bots and even god mod.

it just spoils the whole game and its becoming not fun any more to play.

there was one guy last night while i was playing, kept posting messages about what cheat he was using and even telling everyone what site to go to.

Associate
If you like that game, why not pick up a 360? That way you won't encounter anywhere near as many hackers, and there is probable a bigger community too.

When it first came out I was one of the people to say "Quit moaning it will be fine on PC", turns out the moaners were right and it really is a laggy hack fest online :p

Permabanned
How hard can it be to block hackers in PC games, its not hard at all if the makers of the games pull there fingers out.

A simple .exe checker or client based system would work perfectly.

Associate
Had another cheat accusation thrown at me last night, starting to get tedious. This one was not even remotely dodgy. Some guy stood with no cover in the distance on wastelands, i spot him zoom in on the sniper rifle can see he is looking straight at me, decide to get near some cover asap, I hear him shoot and miss so stop briefly and take him out, i get a torrent of abuse then he leaves the game.

I wish they would sort out proper anti-cheat software so i did not have to put up with this crap.

Soldato
I must say it has been a breath of fresh air playing Bad Company 2, and not having to worry about a) lag and b) cheaters. It means you can just sit back and enjoy the game.

Soldato
Had another cheat accusation thrown at me last night, starting to get tedious. This one was not even remotely dodgy. Some guy stood with no cover in the distance on wastelands, i spot him zoom in on the sniper rifle can see he is looking straight at me, decide to get near some cover asap, I hear him shoot and miss so stop briefly and take him out, i get a torrent of abuse then he leaves the game.

I wish they would sort out proper anti-cheat software so i did not have to put up with this crap.

Could have been a lag issue - he could have seen you squarely between his sights when he shot, and just assumed the worst. Just another symptom of the wonderful peer to peer multiplayer.

Associate
OP

exactly this, my friend got accused of cheating but as it turned out hes just ****'ing good !! and the other guy was a noob, my mate has been playing call of duty since it first came out and every other fps game he could.
(whips my butt everytime !!!)

but it got to me last night when i knew one of the guys on other team had a cheat of somesort when you walk/creep up behind with 50 cal zoom to his head and fire 3 shots in the back of him, he throws grenade turns round and shoots me with pistol twice and bang im dead. the kill cam showed no blood splatter or any sign of health damage to him.

Man of Honour
There is a LOT of cheating going on and unfortunatly as mentioned above without dedicated admined servers nothing is going to change... whoever came up with the lobby system on PC is completely and utterly retarded and have absolutely not PC gaming experience :(

Atleast with dedicated servers theres usually a few servers that are well admined, well populated and even if you can't stop cheating 9/10 cheaters who join the server will get the boot pretty quickly - especially the obvious ones who ruin the game the most.

Soldato
You've jynxed the game, now hackers will find a way to cheat in BC2.

They already can cheat in BC2. If you look at the Leaderboards, 1 of the top 10 players has a K/D ratio os about 40. And if you check his weapon stats he has things like a 90% accuracy with the M95 sniper rifle. What amazes me is how he hasn't been banned, if not by PB, just, the game.

Associate
I actually like the IWnet system in the terms that it will just throw you into a game and you don't have to worry about trying to find IP's and wait for a space. However it brings a lot of crap to it too. I used to play CS (pre source) heavily and mainly played on the Blueyonder servers which i have to say had great admin teams who worked damn hard to keep them clean. The obvious hacks could be kicked asap and they would review game footage of suspicious players to weed out the hidden hacks.

Soldato
I actually like the IWnet system in the terms that it will just throw you into a game and you don't have to worry about trying to find IP's and wait for a space. However it brings a lot of crap to it too. I used to play CS (pre source) heavily and mainly played on the Blueyonder servers which i have to say had great admin teams who worked damn hard to keep them clean. The obvious hacks could be kicked asap and they would review game footage of suspicious players to weed out the hidden hacks.

Or like the BC2 menu where you can press 'play now' and get straight into a full, lag free, cheat free server.

The more i'm playing BC2 the more im thinking Activision and IW gave it me up the rear good and proper. Well ******** to them cos they aint getting anymore of my money, hope the franchise and Activision die a slow painful death tbqfh.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
How hard can it be to block hackers in PC games, its not hard at all if the makers of the games pull there fingers out.

A simple .exe checker or client based system would work perfectly.

if it really was so simple im sure they would have done it already.

Soldato
well i too have given up on MW2 it was fun now and then for a run about on untill the cheaters started turning up and now its just boring i think. not tried BC2 yet though. i missed the beta is there a demo?

Back
Top Bottom