MotoGP 09/10

Soldato
Anyone got a demo of this yet? either PS3 or 360?

Read on gamespot that it will run at 60fps.. Can anyone confirm, it's not availble for download in my neck of the woods. How does it play?

Series went stale, but according to press reports this one looks like it's gonna shine..

Soldato
Anyone got a demo of this yet? either PS3 or 360?

Read on gamespot that it will run at 60fps.. Can anyone confirm, it's not availble for download in my neck of the woods. How does it play?

Series went stale, but according to press reports this one looks like it's gonna shine..

It's on XBL at the moment..

Very disappointed tbh..

The controls would be OKish if you didn't lean left and right like some weird arcade game, and the physics are so basic.. total shame..

I loved the original Moto GP on Xbox1, this is a major let down IMO.

Soldato
OP
I have 08 on my PS3, but tried the 09/10 demo last night - pile of poo imo, quite a massive step back from what 08 delivered.

Actually I disagree. Just downloaded the 360 ver and spent maybe 45 mins, racing in the 125's and against myself in the MotoGP class.

At first wooley'ness of the bike took a little adjusting too, but now I'm into it. I like it A LOT !

Silky smooth 60fps, including replays. Nice touches all over. So so so much better than MotoGP08 ...

Like the tuck down button also. The game has grown on me. Being a big fan of the series in real life, i think i may just treat myself to this one.. Well done Monumental for actually making a racing game that sticks to 60fps.. A bit of a rarity these days.

Associate
I picked this up on pre-order (arrived a day early) as like thedoc46, I found that after persevering with the controls, they grew on my by the time I'd finished a couple of 125 races.

I've started my career in the full game, and about 5 races in... it's great fun and as I get more used to it, the wheel to wheel racing is getting better and better.
My last MotoGP game was '07, and it's a great step forward from that for me.

The biggest downside i've seen so far is that there are no central servers, so an online lobby is disbanded when the host decides it's time to go to the pub. That said the racing online so far has been fun, and fairing bashing doesn't mean the end of the race for you, but it will alter your line a little

All in, if you're looking for a SIM style game, then I suggest waiting to see what SBK X is like, but if you looking for entertainment form your bike racing game, then this is pretty good so far.

Soldato
OP
Reading up some of the early reviews and none of the reviewers seem to give it credit for maintaining 60fps with no screen tear.. One of the biggest and most important factors when it comes to a racer! Compare this to MotoGP08 and the difference in look and feel is like night and day.

I still have the Climax 03 ver on the PC, (the best looking out the lot) and i think this looks and plays better.

Soldato
Reading up some of the early reviews and none of the reviewers seem to give it credit for maintaining 60fps with no screen tear.. One of the biggest and most important factors when it comes to a racer! Compare this to MotoGP08 and the difference in look and feel is like night and day.

I still have the Climax 03 ver on the PC, (the best looking out the lot) and i think this looks and plays better.

I will give them credit for getting 60 fps, but they clearly have no idea how a bike game should feel. The makers of Moto-gp 08 and SBK got it perfect, they just needed to add a few extras like backing the bike in, and it would have been a definite purchase from me.

I'm not touching this crap.

Soldato
OP
I will give them credit for getting 60 fps, but they clearly have no idea how a bike game should feel. The makers of Moto-gp 08 and SBK got it perfect, they just needed to add a few extras like backing the bike in, and it would have been a definite purchase from me.

I'm not touching this crap.

In all honesty there's no bike game out there that's ever going to resemble what a bike actually feels like.. So just make the game as authentic and fun as possible and do the best to replicate watching MotoGP. That means smooth gfx, tucking it in, a little spin up on the back wheel & tail to tail racing. Which MotoGP 09/10 seems to have ! So a it gets a '9/10' for me :)

Soldato
In all honesty there's no bike game out there that's ever going to resemble what a bike actually feels like.. So just make the game as authentic and fun as possible and do the best to replicate watching MotoGP. That means smooth gfx, tucking it in, a little spin up on the back wheel & tail to tail racing. Which MotoGP 09/10 seems to have ! So a it gets a '9/10' for me :)

But you can replicate how a bike should behave. Being able to put the bike on its side while doing 150 in a straight line is just crazy. Its the same bike physics that were used on the PS2 moto-gp games.

Soldato
I think you will find that monumental (devs of MotoGP 09/10) is formed from what was the old Climax team and they used the original MotoGP engine. Capcom only publish the title..

In my eyes then they have let them selves go :D When I ride I've never been able to swing my bike from side to side at the rate this game lets you. The old games used to swing at a slower rate making it a bit more realistic.

Soldato
OP
In my eyes then they have let them selves go :D When I ride I've never been able to swing my bike from side to side at the rate this game lets you. The old games used to swing at a slower rate making it a bit more realistic.

On racing slicks the bike actually leans over so much more quickly than on regular road tyres. so it's probably pretty accurate.

Soldato
yup and i'm looking forward to buying it when it comes out over my neck of the woods.

It did have some good moments, if I look past the 'leaning too quickly' visuals etc, you can at least have a good race, the AI seemed quite tough at times..

But being a bike rider, and big Moto GP fan, I can't help remember the old Xbox 1 version, which required real practice and had amazingly realistic controls.

Soldato
On racing slicks the bike actually leans over so much more quickly than on regular road tyres. so it's probably pretty accurate.

It is far from accurate. It may be fun, and i can see why you like it, but it is an arcade game with terrible physics. :confused:

Someone on the official forum said that its not a bad strategy from Capcom. The people who hate this, and there seem to be loads, will go and buy Moto-gp 08......a Capcom game.:D

I'll leave it there. I don't want to spoil the thread by criticising the game. I'm just a bit miffed because i've enjoyed all of the moto-gp games until this one. I can't believe how much they've messed up the controls.

Last edited:
Soldato
It did have some good moments, if I look past the 'leaning too quickly' visuals etc, you can at least have a good race, the AI seemed quite tough at times..

But being a bike rider, and big Moto GP fan, I can't help remember the old Xbox 1 version, which required real practice and had amazingly realistic controls.

+1

Back
Top Bottom