So, im not me then! Absurd NI issue

Soldato
So i took my ID into my new job yesterday and signed all the paperwork including my contract.

I took my photocard driving licence, last years P60, my last P45 from 2006, Bank statement and a letter from the DWP.

Fast forweard to this morning and my manager calls me saying i need more proof of my national insurance number. I was a little perplexed as it was on the P60, the P45, the DWP letter and it was also on my bank statements as its the reference number when JSA was paid in.

Basically they want a P45 or P60 dated within the last 8 weeks. Well i havent had this years P60 yet and i signed off today so im awaiting the P45 from the jobcentre. Apparently official letters from the DWP and the inland revanue arent good enough :mad:

So lets hope they dont get fed up of waiting for the P45 and give the job to someone else. :(

Soldato
Don't you have the NI card?

For some strange reason mine actually lives in my wallet still

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No i havent had one for years. Funny how theyd accept that which could be anyones really yet they cant work out that its the same number on the bank statement, DWP letter, old P45 and P60. Coupled with the photo id its not rocket science is it :p

Caporegime
They want a few hundred pounds from me for 07/08 as they told me i wasn't working and i didn't pay my NI for 07/08....funny i thought, seeing i remember working. Luckily i found my P60 for 07/08 and send that off to them, or i would have had a blank year in my NI contribution.

Strange how they could just all of the sudden not record any NI payments from me for the entire year.

Back
Top Bottom