Baby killers, what's the fastest you've done in your car?

Soldato
Baby killers, what's the fastest you've done in your car or bike?

This thread will go either one of two ways:
- Everyone admits they've done some sort of speed, and talk about it here.
- A few people post their speed, the rest call them baby killers, and the thread gets locked. Which is no fun.

which I'm not proud of. This was on the M1, 3 in the morning. Off course there is no excuse for that speed and looking back on it, it was a silly and dangerous. I don't dare do such speeds again.

So that's me. What have you done?

Edit: Just to get things clear. I'm not bragging. This isn't a bragging thread.

Last edited:
Caporegime
150~ on the clock in the 330d, no idea what that is in real terms, but it was on the German unrestricted autobahn on the way through to Slovakia, so I'm not a child killer.

I've done roughly the same in the LCR.

Man of Honour
Wow, 110mph? Seriously, thats just OMG. Wow.

I once did 71mph when I pressed the cruise control increase button instead of the change track button. It was a harrowing experience.

Soldato
hit the limiter on a 330 petrol on autobahn. at school we had a board where people would post their speeding tickets.

one guy "borrowed" his dads sierra cosworth and got caught doing 130 by the plod on his dinner time break.

nobody came close to so called beating it.

Soldato
EIGHTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR!

DocBrown.JPG

Edit: it's so fast you can arrive at your destination before you departed.

Soldato
Something like 110 indicated althouh let's not lie it was probly more like 95 was a silly thing to do really in hindsight but I've learn a bit since then and this is not a lie I thought I was doing about 80 as it was on a part of the m4 near cardiff gate which is very straight flat and wide and it's very easy to do

Soldato
139MPH (indicated on the speedo) on the M25, it was 5.15 in the morning on a Sunday having just dropped my Mum at Gatwick. I'd just had the remap and induction kit done so wanted to know if it would change my top speed. Book figure is 131MPH for my car but never went that fast before the map and induction to know what it would do.

In hindsight it was a pretty stupid thing to do (even on a 4 lane, totally empty motorway) and in general terms I've never done more than about 85/90MPH apart from that.

Back
Top Bottom