Is it worth Upgradeing

Associate
Hi

I am thinking of upgradeing my motherboard or other peices but dont know which way to go.

At the moment i am running a Asus M3n78-Se (bios 0906) with the Nforce 720d chipset
running a Amd x3 720 tri core running at 3.5 at 1.4v on a 64 freezer pro cooler (Temps 39oc Max when running prime 95 for 24 Hours)

Mem is Kingston Hyper x ddr 2 4 gig & a nvidia gtx 260.

Is there anything i could do to make my rig any better or would it surfice for the next 6 months or so thanks for any advice cheers..

Associate
Is there anything i could do to make my rig any better.

There's always something you could do to make it better.

... or would it surfice for the next 6 months or so thanks for any advice cheers.

Up to you really. Does it do everything you want it to? If so, it's fine! If not, then it's not! Personally I'd be more than happy with that rig, but if I were to upgrade it I think I'd start with the graphics card. They're easy to upgrade (pull out, plug in) and you don't have to upgrade anything else (e.g., you upgrade to an i7 CPU and consequently have to upgrade your PSU, motherboard and RAM!)

Associate
OP
Thanks

I am looking at getting a ssd now or motherboard just cant decide which. But will be making my mind up very soon cheers..

Soldato
An SSD for windows will show a bigger improvement over a new Mobo :)
Other than that, A new Graphics card, but only if your having trouble running the games you play with the current card.

Associate
OP
Thanks Very Much

Yes i am thinking of getting one of these Patriot TorqX 64GB as i only need it for windows 7 64 & a couple of games i have on at one time no more that that . I will upgrade the mobo later on in the year cheers..

Back
Top Bottom