American Police Showing Love To A Basketball Fan

Soldato
Who knows? We can't see what happens before it, or what he said, what he had in his hands, etc.

But you can see him go down like a sack of spuds, and you can then watch them continue to beat him with sticks.

There's never an excuse for that - regardless of what risk they perceived in that man, he was incapacitated almost straight away and posed no risk whatsoever.

Soldato
Yes it looks a bit ott, however, look at the situation.

There are police horses there and all the police are in riot gear. It doesn't look like anyone there was an innocent fan, they'd obviously been causing trouble to get that response.

Not enough info though to make a real decision.

Permabanned
No matter WHAT someone has done to the police, there is no excuse for 'punishment beatings'.

Even if he had just stabbed a police officer, if he is no longer a threat, he should be tried in a court of law. Not 'police on the spot decide the 'first' punishment in the form of pain (and it's down to lady luck whether the bloke recovers, ends up with partial paralysis, or forms a brain clot and dies. Roll the 'lucky' dice of punishment beatings ..) THEN arrest him for .. er .. formal 'punishment 2' :( '.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, he could have called them "poopie heads" or something just as offensive which totally justifies the beating

Alternatively, he could have said "I've got a gun tucked in the back of my jeans and I'm going to use it" or words to that effect, which justifies (at least some of) the beating.

Soldato
Who knows? We can't see what happens before it, or what he said, what he had in his hands, etc.

So explain why the Police Chief has all but admitted the Officers were in the wrong and the further allegations that are beginning to appear in the press claiming the officers involved attempted to put pressure on the victim not to take it any further.

Anyway at the point of confrontation after he is sheperdded by the police horses his body language is showing no aggression, he is blindsided by a group of thugs who just happen to we wearing a uniform and has the living $&@%! beaten out of him. Even if he had been actively confronting the officers that is an over excessive use of force.:mad:

Associate
I always side with police tbh, what with all the abuse they have to put up with, and yes I've had a few times when they've searched my car, stopped me, told me off, and been arsey with me. but as I say, in their position if I had to put up with all the cr@p they do I'd be a bit narky sometimes too. The lack of respect you see on tv programmes is crazy with yobs shouting and abusing police, it shouldn't be tolerated.

Associate
I always side with police tbh, what with all the abuse they have to put up with, and yes I've had a few times when they've searched my car, stopped me, told me off, and been arsey with me. but as I say, in their position if I had to put up with all the cr@p they do I'd be a bit narky sometimes too. The lack of respect you see on tv programmes is crazy with yobs shouting and abusing police, it shouldn't be tolerated.

How can you side with the police when it comes down to this, the guy clearly isn't a threat as he was backing away with his hands up. Then went into the feotal(sp?) position the minute they started hitting him.

Normally I would side with the police but there is know excuse to beat a man senseless, whether they were provoked, narked or even just having a bad day.

Soldato
But when a man is down like he was does he need a continious beating like that?

Fair point.

Yep, he could have called them "poopie heads" or something just as offensive which totally justifies the beating

Or he could have said "I'm going pull this knife out of my pocket and stab your horse in the face and then urinate on it whilst laughing at you for having a horse which has been stabbed and urinated on".

So explain why the Police Chief has all but admitted the Officers were in the wrong and the further allegations that are beginning to appear in the press claiming the officers involved attempted to put pressure on the victim not to take it any further.

Well, clearly I didn't know that before I posted.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
He was the Biggest guy & the only one to stand there, Take him out & get less hassle/trouble from the others.
If the chap had gone home after the game in an orderly fashion this would not have happened.
That's how "I" see it anyway.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
********, he was down and they were still beating him, no need and way OTT, no matter what he said or did.

Calm down son, I thought you lot were a bit Mellow, Go to a coffee shop.

We are a little bit more aggressive over here mate. When they are down that's when it's time to have some fun. :D

I dunno You Moan when they Shoot them & You moan when they Beat them & then you Moan when they let them off. :confused: + :p

Back
Top Bottom