Importing FLAC into iTunes

Associate
The trial version of dBpoweramp Music Converter is fully functional for 21 days, which should be long enough to do what you want.

foobar2000 will convert to mp3, or to ALAC using FFmpeg, but although it will carry the tags across it won't preserve any album art embedded in the FLAC source files.

Soldato
The trial version of dBpoweramp Music Converter is fully functional for 21 days, which should be long enough to do what you want.

foobar2000 will convert to mp3, or to ALAC using FFmpeg, but although it will carry the tags across it won't preserve any album art embedded in the FLAC source files.

dBpoweramp is charged for now? It was always free with extra functionality if you paid :eek:

I'm still using an older freeware version as I prefer the UI

Associate
dBpoweramp is charged for now? It was always free with extra functionality if you paid :eek:
I don't use it to be honest, I just assumed that was the case from the website home page.

Looking at this you may be right, although you'll lose out on the multi-CPU simultaneous encoding and other advanced features.

Love how it uses the most of all cores :D
More OT nerdiness: one of the first things I did after building my first Q6600 system was to apply replaygain to a couple of hundred GB of FLAC files... I remember foobar2000 tearing through them at >700x realtime with all four cores maxed out, and I sat there giggling like a schoolgirl. :D

Back
Top Bottom