Windows server

Permabanned
I have my Hitatchi Enterprise grade 1tb hdd in my server - Win7. all the sharing and ****e is turned on. no password protect. everything is as it should. and when i go on my laptop - windows XP. it says \\Server-pc\f is not acsessible.. you may not have premission to use this network resorce.. how do i resolve this. cause this also means i can listen to music

Permabanned
Hey Guys
Windows Server is a brand name for server operating systems released by Microsoft Corporation.
This name has been used in many software like,
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
Windows Home Server etc.

Soldato
everything is AS it should.. and Pe0n i typed in \\Server-pc\f$ and it comes up with a login form. there is no login

Now you're on the right track. If it's being shared out make sure you have rights to the folder. This means either entering the details of an account created on the domain/server when it prompts, or giving the "everyone" groups permissions to modify

- Pea0n

Associate
I notice you are using Windows 7. Go to Network and Sharing Centre->Advanced Settings and then you need to alter the setting - "Turn off password protected sharing"

Associate
i think thats the problem, i have no password or seperate account, the username is Server-pc, No password. why would i need one its on LAN?

You still need to authenticate. It's a totally different machine. Imagine if someone else plugged into your network and could access all the private documents on your server, or, if someone hacks your wireless and does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom