Life Hacks

Associate
Throughout every day life we all do little genius things, moments of inspiration that make something easier or more functional than it was previously. The idea of this thread is to share these 'hacks' to spread our individual tips into a collective.

I'll start the ball rolling:

1) Using Google as opposed to websites or applications to spellcheck (use the 'did you mean' correction).

2) Using your feet to lift the toilet seat (save your back :D)

3) Using your knee to lower the toilet seat without making it slam (nudge the seat down until it catches on your knee then lower your knee, it's an art)

4) Splash water on areas of 'bed hair' that refuse to go down, wait about 5 minutes and watch as your hair is effortlessly now against your head as opposed to at 90 degrees.

5) Using normal hair clippers to keep a stubble-look rather than splashing out on expesive 'beard trimmers'

6) Although I can't take credit for this one, it's genius:
binderclips.jpg

Associate
OP
On the subject of memory, image assosciation is a great tool I use to remember long lists of things. Especially using the path tehnique, where you visualise your path from work to home and throughout that path assosicate landmarks with things you need to remember. The irony is I can't remember the name of the study, but the techniques work really well. I'll dig up the info when I get home, or anyone that knows what I'm talking about feel free to pitch in.

Soldato
Adjust your sleeping pattern, just don't eat for 18 hours, set an alarm when you need to up again, force yourself up and eat.
Your body clock is now set to believe this is morning time.

Associate
OP
If you need to empty a big bottle of liquid gyrate the bottle, it stops the bottleneck effect. You can also use a straw, although those aren't always lying around (think strawpedo).

daz

daz

Soldato
When setting a secret question for websites/banking etc, set up a question that doesn't exist in real life.

E.g. if you don't have a pet, just invent an imaginary pet's name.

This way, people can't find out your secret info just by knowing about you/your life. You'd be surprised how many people set it to something that is very easily publicly accessible.

Caporegime
When setting a secret question for websites/banking etc, set up a question that doesn't exist in real life.

E.g. if you don't have a pet, just invent an imaginary pet's name.

This way, people can't find out your secret info just by knowing about you/your life. You'd be surprised how many people set it to something that is very easily publicly accessible.

better yet people set it to their petname then straight away post on there "zomg my cat **** is soo cute"

>.<

Back
Top Bottom